Cabinet gives nod to investment worth Rs 5,282 crore to revive J&K hydro project
The Cabinet has approved an investment of Rs 5,282 crore in building the 850 mega watt (MW) Ratle hydro-electric project on the Chenab river in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The project will be jointly developed by the NHPC and Jammu and Kashmir State Power Development Corporation (JKSPDCL), with equity contributions of 51% and 49%, respectively.
- The Centre will provide a grant of Rs 776.44 crore to JKSPDCL for its equity contribution in the venture.
Bhawana Kanth, First woman fighter pilot to take part in Republic Day parade
Flight lieutenant Bhawana Kanth is set to become the first woman fighter pilot to take part in the Republic Day parade
- Presently, Kanth is posted at an airbase in Rajasthan where she flies the MiG-21 Bison fighter plane.
- She will be the part of the Indian Air Force’s (IAF’s) tableau in the parade.
India EU first Maritime Security held Virtually
India and the European Union held their first virtual maritime security dialogue
- Indian side was represented by Joint Secretary Sandeep Arya and Director Joanneke Balfoort represented European Union External Action Service Side.
- This dialogue was held with an aim to develope mutual understanding and cooperation between both the regions in the maritime security domain.
Andhra Pradesh CM launches door delivery vehicles of rations
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy flagged off Mobile Dispensing Units/ Door to door Delivery Vehicles that will deliver the ration including high quality rice at the door steps of ration card holders.
- As many as 9,260 of such vehicles at the cost of Rs.539 crore will supply rations across the state
About Andhra Pradesh:
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief Minister: YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
Himachal Pradesh CM Jai Ram Thakur launches first online youth radio station
Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched Himachal Pradesh’s first online youth radio station ‘Radio Hills-Youngistan Ka Dil’
- The online radio will promote the culture and traditions of the state. Deepika and Saurabh are co-founders of the online radio station
About Himachal Pradesh:
- Chief Minister: Jairam Thakur
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatraya
MoUs & Agreements
Union Road Transport Ministry and DRDO inks MoU for geo-hazard management
Union Ministry for Road Transport and Highways and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) have signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in the field of sustainable geohazard management.
- The objective of this MoU is to promote and strengthen the collaboration in the area of cooperation and technical exchange on sustainable geohazard management.
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman: G. Satheesh Reddy
About Road Transport & Highways Ministry:
- Union Minister: Nitin Jairam Gadkari
- Minister of State: V.K. Singh
ICICI Bank launches ‘InstaFX’ mobile app
ICICI Bank has launched the mobile app named ‘ICICI Bank Forex Prepaid Card’ for authorised money changers to help customers of any bank get swiftly. ICICI is the first bank in India to offer such facility to money changers.
- The app will enable the authorised money changers, who are partners of the Bank, to complete the KYC verification and validation of customers digitally and on a real-time basis
About ICICI Bank:
- CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Airtel Payments Bank launches ‘Airtel Safe Pay’ to curb online frauds
Airtel Payments Bank launched ‘Airtel Safe Pay’ to pay digitally in a safe way. This will facilitate safe digital transactions to protect customers from online frauds
- This offers the highest level of protection from potential frauds such as phishing, stolen credentials or passwords.
About Airtel Payments Bank:
- CEO: Anubrata Biswas.
- Headquarters Location: New Delhi.
- Founded: 2017.
Rajiv Lochan designated as Managing Director of Sundaram Finance
Rajiv Lochan, Director (Strategy), has been appointed as the Managing Director of Sundaram Finance.
- T. Srinivasaraghavan, Managing Director of Sundaram Finance is retiring from service on 31 March 2021
- N. Raju, Director (Operations), has been designated as the Deputy Managing Director of Sundaram Finance.
Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force and Indian Coast Guard to conduct Largest Joint Military exercise
Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force and Indian Coast Guard will be conducted a Large Scale Joint Military exercise named Exercise Kavach.
- This Exercise Kavach will be conducted in the Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal.
- The aim of this exercise is to enhance joint war-fighting capabilities and Standard Operating Procedures
Pakistan successfully test-fired Shaheen-3 missile
Pakistan conducted a successful flight test of Shaheen-3 surface-to-surface ballistic missile.
- This missile has a range of 2750 kilometers
- The Shaheen III is Pakistan’s longest-range missile system, developed with the intention of being capable of reaching Indian island territories
- Prime minister: Imran Khan
- Capital: Islamabad
Books & Authors
Goa Chief Minister released a book named ‘Manohar Parrikar – Off The Record’
Chief Minister of Goa Pramod Sawant has released a book titled ‘Manohar Parrikar – Off The Record’.
- This book was written by senior journalist Shri Waman Subha Prabhu
- This book is a collection of memories of Mr Prabhu who happened to be with late Parrikar during the journey of his life
Union Sports Minister inaugurates First Khelo India Zanskar Winter Sports Festival
Union Minister for Sports and Youth Affairs has inaugurated First ever Khelo India Zanskar Winter Sports Festival in Ladakh
- The Winter Sports Festival will be inaugurated at Padum in the Kargil district of Ladakh.
- The festival is aimed at promoting winter tourism in Ladakh.
- The Ladakh UT administration festival is organizing this event.
Ex Former Arunachal Governor Mata Prasad dies
Former Arunachal Governor Mata Prasad has passed away.
- Mata Prasad served as minister in the Congress government in Uttar Pradesh in 1988- 89
- He was appointed as Governor of Arunachal Pradesh in 1993.
Rajasthan Congress MLA Gajendra Singh Shaktawat passes away
Rajasthan Congress MLA Gajendra Singh Shaktawat, He was 48. He was died due to some liver infection.
- Shaktawat represented Vallabhnagar constituency of Udaipur.
- He is the fourth legislator of the current Rajasthan assembly
You can download it from examsdaily site. In our blog we provide the monthly ca PDF for all type of competitive exams.
Around 15-20 Questions come out from the current affair sections
You can read it from the examsdaily. We update current affairs daily date wise as well as monthly wise.