Daily Current Affairs 21st May 2023
An international conference on ‘India Pharma and India Medical Devices’ has been organized by the pharmaceutical Department on May 26.
- Union Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya is scheduled to inaugurate the 8th edition of the International Conference on ‘India Pharma and Indian Medical Devices 2023’ in New Delhi on May 26.
- A new scheme called “Assistance for Medical Devices Clusters for Common Facilities(AMD-CF) will be announced at the conference. The objective of the scheme is to strengthen common infrastructural facilities in medical device groups and to improve testing facilities for medical devices.
An MoU has been signed between NGEL-HMEL to promote green hydrogen business.
- NTPC Green Energy Limited (NGEL) and Mittal Energy Limited (HMEL) jointly signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in New Delhi on May 19 to promote GOI’s efforts towards “Green energy and Green Hydrogen Energy Transition”.
- The agreement is expected to enhance cooperation in the field of renewable energy by acquiring “250 MW of RE-RTC” power to meet HMEL’s demand.
The Central Government has issued an order to set up the National Capital Civil Services Authority.
- The Central Government has issued an Ordinance to constitute “National Capital Civil Services Authority” to recommend transfers and postings of Group ‘A’ and DANICS officers.
- it is declared that this Commission is to be located in “New Delhi”.
A Memorandum of Understanding has been signed between T-Hub and NRL
- State-owned refinery, Numaligarh Refinery Limited(NRL) on May 17 signed an MoU with T-Hub, a premier innovation hub and ecosystem based in Hyderabad.
- The agreement aims to jointly support business innovation and development for NRL’s flagship project ‘iDEATION’ of startups.
Amit Shah laid the foundation stone for “National Coast Guard Complex” to be set up at Dwarka.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah laid the foundation stone for the permanent campus of the “National Coast Guard” (NACP) at Oga in Gujarat’s Dwarka district.
- The NACP was set up to impart high-level intensive training to marine police of five Union Territories, nine coastal states and the Central Police Forces by the Government statement.
Rupees 2000 Demonitised -RBI Declared.
- Under the “Clean Note” policy, RBI has issued orders to withdraw Rs 2000 notes from circulation.
- RBI has announced that people can exchange their 2000 rupee notes in the bank till September 30 and after that banks will not accept 2000 rupee notes.
Ghaziabad-Aligarh Expressway 100 km road was built in 100 hours making a historical record.
- Ghaziabad-Aligarh expressway has successfully laid “bituminous concrete” for 100 km in 100 hours and achieved a new milestone.
- The 118 km long road is expected to be an important trade route and lead to regional economic development by facilitating the movement of goods.
Mahatma Gandhi statue unveiled in Hiroshima.
- Prime Minister Modi unveiled the bust as a “symbol of Friendship and Goodwill” between India and Japan during his recent visit to Hiroshima for the G7 summit.
- This 42-inch tall bronze bust is located along the Motoyasu River. It is interesting that it is sculpted by Padma Bhushan awardee “Ram Vanji Sutar”.
Maharashtra Cabinet approves country’s first Good Governance Regulations.
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde on May 19 approved the country’s First good governance Regulations to make the state’s administration more accountable, accessible, dynamic and transparent.
- With this point, Maharashtra Chief Minister has announced that the grievances of the citizens will be redressed at a faster speed within the stipulated time frame to expand the scope of ‘Aaple Sarkar Seva Kendra’.
Telangana has launched ‘SAHAS’ scheme to make workplaces safer for women
- Telangana Home Minister Mohammad Ali launched SAHAS, a first of its kind initiative in his state to create safe workplaces for women in Hyderabad on May 19.
- The project aims to create and strengthen a supportive ecosystem for women facing sexual harassment in the workplace.
Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel inaugurated the “Three-day 10th Chintan Shivir” at the “Statue of Unity in Kevadia”.
- Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel on May 20 inaugurated the three-day Sindan Shivri of Gujarat ministers and senior officials at the “Statue of Unity in Kevadia”.
- During this shivir, various topics like nutrition and sanitation, urbanization and infrastructure development in urban and rural areas, quality improvement in education and skill development will be jointly discussed.
- ‘Chintan Shivir’ – The objective of the program is to interact with senior officials of the Ministry and formulate an action plan to implement Prime Minister Modi’s “Vision 2047.
Publish Anshuman Gaekwad’s Autobiography.
- Former captain Anshuman Gaikwad’s semi-autobiography ‘Guts Amid Bloodbath’ was released on May 19, featuring six former captains of the Indian cricket team.
- In this book, he said that it is to remember his achievements in the world of cricket since childhood.
International Day for Biological Diversity
- International Day for Biological Diversity is celebrated on May 22 to celebrate the abundance of biodiversity in our world. The day advocates awareness of biodiversity threats and sustainable use of Earth’s resources to conserve biodiversity.
- 2023 theme is “From Agreement to Action: Build Back Biodiversity”
Download Daily Current Affairs 21st May 2023 PDF