Current Affairs – July 20 PDF Download. Current Affairs is the key element of Government Entrance Exams including banking, SSC, UPSC, Railways, and other government jobs. This portion must be adequately prepared by all applicants studying for the upcoming exams in 2021. This page will be updated with current events and GK facts on a daily and monthly basis. Keep up with latest events in the country and around the world to help you prepare for forthcoming government exams.
- Bashar al-Assad becomes President of Syria for the 4th time. His term of office is 7 years.
- He is Syria’s 19th president since July 17, 2000.
- Capital: Damascus
- Currency: Syrian pound
- Prime Minister: Imad Kamis
- Leader: Bashar al-Assad
Africa is the first continent to complete the collection of digital land use data.
- Africa is the first continent in the world to complete the collection of accurate, comprehensive and consistent digital land use and land use conversion data under Africa’s open data for the Environment, Agriculture and Land Initiative (DEAL).
- Data collection and analysis efforts were led by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the African Union Commission (AUC).
- DEAL – Data for the Environment, Agriculture and Land Initiative
- FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization
- AUC – African Union Commission
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- Headquarters: Rome, Italy
- Director General: Qi Tongyu
- Established: 16 October 1945
Parliamentary monsoon session
- The parliamentary monsoon session begins on July 19 and ends on August 13. Various issues are to be discussed
- In this situation, both were adjourned on the first day due to heavy opposition.
There has been a change in military policy.
- The federal government has now developed a new policy after 250 years of policy regarding military-owned lands.
- Under the current laws, military land can be transferred for government purposes. Instead the land equivalent to the value of that land should be given to the army elsewhere.
- The country’s first “cantonment” military camp was established in 1765 in Barrackpore, West Bengal during the British rule.
The Haryana government will implement the ‘One District, One Product’ project.
- The scheme has been launched to promote small and medium enterprises in rural areas.
- The state government plans to connect every block of the state with some industrial vision. It is also said that the government will act quickly through this project.
- It has been said that Haryana’s ‘One District, One Product’ project being implemented under the Ministry of Small and Medium Enterprises will be uniform across the country.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatraya
- Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Cutter
India’s first monk fruit cultivation training has started in Himachal Pradesh.
- India’s first monk fruit cultivation training has started in Kullu, Himachal Pradesh.
- The Himalayan Institute of Biotechnology (CSIR-IHBT), a scientific research and industrial technology council based in Palampur, has introduced ‘monk fruit’ from China, known as a calorie-free natural sweetener, for field trials in Himachal Pradesh.
- CSIR-Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology (CSIR-IHBT), Palampur. Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology (CSIR-IHBT)
- Himachal Pradesh
- Capital: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
- Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur
- Governor: Rajendra Viswanath Arlekar
Mann Ki Baat – The Voice of the Mind
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses the nation on radio on the last Sunday of every month since 2014.
- The show is called Mann Ki Baat or Voice of the Mind. So far the Prime Minister has addressed 78 Voices of the Mind.
- At present, the government has earned Rs. 30.80 crore through this program.
Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu M.K. Stalin met with President Ramnath Govind.
- K. who went to Delhi in May. Stalin met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and talked about various demands related to Tamil Nadu. In this context, the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu went to Delhi for the second time and met the President of MK Stalin, Ramnath Govind.
- Manohar Devdas’ book “Multiple Pests of My Madurai” was presented to the President by M.K. Presented by Stalin.
- The Tamil Nadu Legislature with its ancient tradition sees the century. Indian President Ramnath Govind has been invited to preside over the centenary celebrations.
- The centenary of this legislature, which the Justice Party won in the elections of the late 1920s and was headed by.
- During the celebrations, a portrait of President Karunanidhi will be unveiled inside the Assembly premises. He also demanded that the country festival be held.
1000 year old statue of Mahavira has been found.
- A 1000 year old ruined statue of the 24th Tirthankar Mahavira has been found in Velampur near D.Kallupatti.
- The statue of Mahavira, which was recently discovered at Kavasakottai Sengamedu, is believed to date back to the 10th century.
Amazon – “Blue Origin”
- Amazon founder Jeff Pesach has started a company called “Blue Origin” for his space travel program.
- Jeff Bezasin and 4 others are to travel with him to space.
- Aerospace engineers from this company have developed a rocket called “New Shepherd”. Sanchal Kawande, a woman from Maharashtra, has been selected from this group.
- Richard Branson, already from London, has recently successfully completed a space voyage with his “Virgin Galactic” crew.
- Sanchal Kawande, a woman from the state of Maharashtra, will be the 5th Indian to go into space.
- Rakesh Sharma, Kalpana Chawla, Sunita Williams and Sirisha Bandla, who went to space from India, are currently in the line-up along with Sanjal Kawande.
Federal Bank has introduced the “FEDDY” AI-powered virtual assistant for customers.
- Federal Bank has introduced “FEDDY”, a virtual assistant powered by artificial intelligence to help customers access banking information.
- “FEDDY” is also integrated into Google Business News. This is the first record of an Indian based bank.
- Federal Bank
- Headquarters: Aluva, Kerala
- MD & CEO: Shyam Srinivasan
Former India goalkeeper Shivaji Banerjee has been posthumously awarded the Mohan Bagan Ratna.
- Former India goalkeeper Shibaji Banerjee has been awarded the Mohan Bagan Ratna.
- Mohan Bagan Executive Committee announces the following awards:
- Fijian footballer Roy Krishna was named the best footballer of 2020–21.
- Bengal cricket team captain Abhimanyu Eeswaran was named the best cricketer.
- Pitisha Kundu, who won the 100m hurdles and high jump at the National Championship, was selected as the best athlete.
Julia Ducornov of France wins the Palme d’Or at the 74th Cannes Film Festival.
- 37 – year – old French director Julia Ducornov became the second woman in history to win the Palme d’Or at the 74th Cannes Film Festival.
- The award was given for the fictional film Titane about a serial killer.
Payal Kapadia of India wins Oil D Award for Best Documentary at the 74th Cannes Film Festival.
- The 74th Cannes Film Festival was held in Cannes, France.
- The film ‘A Night of Knowing Nothing’ (‘A Night of Knowing Nothing’) directed by Payal Kapadia has been selected as the best documentary.
- Also won the Oil D’Or (Golden Eye) Award for Best Documentary.
Bangladesh Nobel laureate Muhammad Yunus has been awarded the Olympic Laurel Prize.
- The first Olympic laurel was presented to Kenyan athlete Kip Keino during the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games on August 5, 2016 in Rio de Janeiro.
- The Olympic Laurel is a new award presented by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to “honor those who have made significant achievements in sports, education, culture, development and peace”.
- This year’s Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Younis is presented with the Olympic Award at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Is given to honor him for the extensive work he has done in the sport for development.
Bimal Jalan has written a new book, The India Story: An Epic Journey of Democracy and Development.
- Former Reserve Bank of India Governor Bimal Jalan’s new book ‘The India Story: An Epic Journey of Democracy and Development’ has been released.
- This book is published by Rupa Publications India.
Manohar Devdas has written a book titled “Multiple Pests of My Madurai”.
- Manohar Devdas’ book “Multiple Pests of My Madurai” was presented to the President by M.K. Stalin.
- 1952 – Helsinki Olympics
- Israeli teams participated in the Olympics for the first time.
- 1956 – Melbourne Olympics
- The march was held to emphasize world unity.
- In the closing ceremony the teams did not come in English alphabetical order but all the players came together to emphasize world unity.
- 1960 – Rome Olympics
- 54 The Olympics were held in Rome again in 1960, almost 54 years after 1908.
- The tournament was broadcast live in 18 European countries.
National Moon Day – July 20
- National Moon Day on July 20 is celebrated on the basis of “a small step for man, a great leap for mankind”.
- Neil Armstrong first landed on the moon on July 20, 1969. To commemorate it, National Moon Day celebrates the historic lunar landing on July 20th
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|