Daily Current Affairs 19th March 2023
VRS scheme for Air India employees has been introduced for the second time
- Air India has announced the voluntary retirement scheme for the second time. Under this scheme, 2,100 employees have been identified as eligible for voluntary retirement. The administration said permanent public employees above 40 years of age have been selected.
- Since the acquisition of Air India by the Tata Group, several management reforms have been undertaken. With this, it introduced the optional retirement plan from June 2022.
Prime Minister of Bangladesh and Prime Minister Modi inaugurated the first cross-border energy pipeline between the two countries.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the first cross-border energy pipeline through a video presentation. The first cross-border energy pipeline has been constructed at a cost of ₹377 crores.
- Capable of transporting one million metric tons of high-speed diesel per year, the pipeline will supply high-speed diesel to seven districts in Bangladesh. It will enhance the existing energy cooperation between the two countries and further boost the development of the agricultural sector in Bangladesh.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K.Stalin announced 9 Navaratna for women policemen.
- Chief Minister M.K.Stalin announced the Navratna announcements to the women guards during the golden jubilee function of the women constables held at Nehru Indoor Stadium.
- They are the awarding of kalaignar police trophy to women policemen, improvement of police children’s shelter, holding a national conference on women in police force in Tamil Nadu, changing the police squad class from 7am to 8am, setting up hostels for women policemen in Chennai and Madurai, The chief minister has announced that the shooting competition will be held separately and awards will be given, a separate rest room will be set up for female constables in all police stations, an advisory committee will be formed in the DGP office, leave and job transfer will be given according to their family environment.
Rajasthan got 19 new districts and 3 new divisions
- Chief Minister Ashok Khelat announced the creation of 19 new districts, including a new one following the reorganization of the existing Jaipur and Jodhpur districts.
- With 50 districts, Rajasthan now has the third highest number of districts in the country after Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh. In terms of population, the state ranks seventh. 19 new districts have been declared now.
Ram Sakaya Prasad Yadav has been elected as the Vice President of Nepal.
- Ram Sakaya Prasad Yadav from Madhes region was elected as the third Vice President of Nepal. He belongs to Samajwadi Party.
- In this election, Ram Sakaya Prasad Yadav got a total of 30,328 votes from 184 Members of Parliament and 329 Provincial Assembly Members. Followed this he was chosen as the new Vice President.
Hockey India Awards 2022: The best player of the year
- Hardik Singh won the Player of the Year Award and Savita Punia won the Player of the Year award at the Hockey India Awards 2022. Awards were given to various players including these two.
- Tamil Nadu player Karthik Selvam who scored the best goal in the Asia Cup was also awarded. Hardik Singh was awarded for playing well in the Hockey World Cup held in Odisha and the Indian team led by Savita won the National Cup and qualified for the Pro League.
World Sleep Day
- World Sleep Day is observed on 17th March every year to highlight the importance of sleep to the world. Not sleeping properly can lead to many problems. Sleep is essential for good health.
- World Sleep Day 2023 Theme: ‘Sleep is Essential for Health’
Download Daily Current Affairs 19th March 2023 PDF