Daily Current Affairs 16th September 2022
Union Minister for Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship has launched Ramakrishna Mission’s ‘Awakening’ Programme
- Union Minister for Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan has launched Ramakrishna Mission’s ‘Awakening’ Programme for students of classes I to V.
- This ‘Awakening’ programme is an initiative towards ensuring overall personality development of a child in line with the philosophy of National Education Policy (NEP), 2020.
Senior IAS BVR Subrahmanyam appointed as Chairman and Managing Director of the India Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO)
- Appointment Committee of Cabinet issues the appointment order on Thursday,Subramanyam has appointed as the Chairman & Managing Director of the India Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO).
- Due to the retirement of LC goyal, Subrahmanyam is appointed as Chairman & Managing Director of the India Trade Promotion Organization.
- Subrahmanyam is currently the Commerce Secretary to Government of India.
- He is former Chief Secretary of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- India Trade Promotion Organization Headquarters: New Delhi
- India Trade Promotion Organization Founded: 1 April 1977
77% quota in Jharkhand reservation in government jobs
- Cabinet gave a nod approval for the reservation bill for amendment in Jharkhand reservation of Vacancies in Posts and Services Act, 2001.
- Jharkhand government has given 77 per cent reservation in state government jobs for the members of the SC, ST, backward classes, OBC and economically weaker sections.
- The OBC reservation has increased from 14 to 27 percent.
The Karnataka Assembly passed the Prohibition of Compulsory Conversion Bill
- The Karnataka Government passed an Ordinance yesterday, September 15, to implement the Anti-Conversion Act in Karnataka.
- This Prohibition of Compulsory Conversion Act does not keep any religion or ethnic minority in mind, whereas it insists that the convert must prove that he converted without any coercion or illegality.
- According to Article 213 of the Constitution of India, when the Legislative Assembly is not in session, the Governor can pass an Ordinance if he deems it necessary.
- Let’s not call it the Prohibition of Religion Act, but the Protection of Rights to Religious Freedom Bill.
Darjeeling Zoo is Chosen as Best Zoo!!!
- A conference of zoo directors was held on the 10th in Odisha, Bhubaneswar. The ranking list was released by the Union Zoo Commission in this conference.
- Darjeeling Zoo tops the list of best zoos in the country.
- Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park was opened in 1958. It is located at an average elevation of 7,000 feet (2,134 m) above sea level. It is the largest zoo located at a high altitude in India
- Arijar Anna Zoological Park, Vandalur, Chennai,ranks 2nd place;
- Sreesamarajendra Zoo of Karnataka State has also ranked 3rd position.
- Kolkata’s Alipore Zoo ranks 4th in the list of best parks.
Kritakya 3.0- Nationwide Hackathon on Crop Improvement by ICAR!!!
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute in collaboration with its National Agricultural Higher Education Program and Division of Crop Science conducts Hackathon 3.0 ‘Kritakya’ to promote ‘Accelerating Crop Improvement’.
- Taking forward the vision of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi through National Education Policy-2020, the program will provide an opportunity to students/faculty/entrepreneurs/innovators and others to showcase innovative approaches and technological solutions to promote crop improvement.
- Under the guidance of Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Mr. Narendra Singh Tomar, such initiatives will stimulate desired quick results in crop sector along with learning capacity, innovations and solutions, employment and entrepreneurship.
- It will encourage greater adoption of technology based solutions in the country.
Ahmedabad Medical College decided to be named after Prime Minister Narendra Modi!!!
- Gujarat has decided to name a medical college after Modi, after naming a grand cricket stadium after Modi.
- A medical college in Ahmedabad Mani is run by the Medical Education Trust (Med) of Ahmedabad Maninagar Municipal Corporation.
- In this situation, ‘A.M.C. It has been decided to rename the college known as ‘Med Medical College’ as ‘Narendra Modi Medical College’.
- A resolution to this effect has been passed in the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation Standing Committee meeting.
Gautam Adani became the world’s second richest!!!
- On August 30, Adani had surpassed Louis Vitton boss Arnault to become the world’s third richest man.
- Today Gautam Adani has now become the world’s second richest man.
- Gautam Adani surpassed Amazon’s Jeff Bezos to become the world’s second richest person.
- According to the Forbes Real Time Billionaires List Gautam Adani’s net worth rose by $5.2 billion, a hike of 3.49 per cent.
Underground Excavation – Discovery of Old Man’s Tomb with Human Skull in Kontakhai!!!
- A human skull and earthen bowls for funeral rites were unearthed from the graves of old men found at the Kontakhai excavation site in the ongoing excavations at Keezadi near Tiruppuvanam in Sivagangai district on Thursday.
- During the 8th phase of excavation below, 2 old men safely opened the closed bags and took out the contents.
- It contained a human skull and 8 small and large globular bowls with lids molded in clay.
- So far, 57 old people have been identified from 4 pits in Kontakhai.
Introduction of National Logistics Policy to reduce economic costs of the country !!!
- To identify critical gaps and speed up implementation of infrastructure projects, the proposed National Policy to be unveiled by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday, the Prime Minister’s Kadishakti Plan states that it will create an environment to significantly reduce economic spending.
- 196 critical infrastructure gap projects related to port connectivity, movement of coal, steel and food products have been identified.
- “Detailed project report planning, land acquisition, proposals and projects have been expedited through the Kathi Shakti project,” said DPIIT Secretary Anurag Jain.
- Since the portal was launched last year, Jain said nearly 1,300 issues have been resolved in projects for quick implementation. Of this, 40% is related to land, 35% is related to environment, forest and wildlife clearance, and 15% is linked to land use rights.
IT Manpower Sector Grows 20.3% in Q1FY23!!!
- According to the survey report, the IT workforce sector grew by 20.3% year-on-year in the first quarter, and staffing industries grew by 28% year-on-year, adding 2.33 lakh new formal contract workers between July 2021 and June 2022.
- Lohit Bhatia President Indian Employees Confederation said there was a strong 28% YOY in new employment growth over the last four quarters.
- The staffing sector also saw a sharp growth of 6.6% in the April-June quarter, adding 66,000 new flexi-work force and registering strong demand for flexi work after the third COVID wave.
Haqdarshak Aniket Doegar has received Social Entrepreneur of Year award
- 13th Social Entrepre neur of the Year (SEOY) Award was held in New Delhi.
- On this occasion Union information and broadcasting minister Anurag Thakur awared the Social Enterpreneur of the year.
- Haqdarshak Aniket Doegar has received Social Entrepreneur of Year award,he has providing benefits worth ₹4,000 crore to over 2 million families and 35,000 micro businesses across 24 states.
- Anurag Thakur said that entrepreneurs build a company but social entrepreneurs build a nation,“Social entrepreneurship is an endeavour to develop solutions to the existing socioeconomic, environmental, health care and cultural issues,”.
Science and technologies
Japanese startup AERWINS has developed the world’s first flying bike!!
- Japanese startup AERWINS Technologies made the world’s first flying bike; it debuted in the United States.
- This bike is named as XTURISMO hoverbike.
- This bike will be launched by next year 2023.
- XTURISMO hoverbike can fly for 40 minutes with a speed limit up to 100kph 62 miles per hour.
Book titled ‘Ambedkar and Modi: Reformer’s Ideas Performer’s Implementation’ has launched today
- Book titled ‘Ambedkar and Modi: Reformer’s Ideas Performer’s Implementation’ has launched by the former president Ram Nath kovind.
- The book illustrates life and works and achievements of Dr. Ambedkar.
- The book also illustrates the achievement of Narenda Modi government.
Indian team wins U-17 South Asian football tournament!!!
- The Junior South Asian Football Championship (Under 17) was held in Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka. In the final match of the 6-team tournament last night, the Indian team defeated Nepal 4-0 to win the title. And also responded to the defeat to Nepal in the league game (1-3).
- Bobby Singh (18th minute), Koru Singh (30th minute), captain Vanlalpega (63rd minute) and substitute Aman (90th minute) scored for the Indian team.
- The tournament which was earlier conducted under 16 and 15 age group has now been converted into under 17 age group.
- It is noteworthy that the last time India won the U-15 tournament in 2019.
International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer
- Every year on 16 September International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer observed.
- In December 1994 the United Nations General Assembly designated September 16 International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer.
- Since then International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer is observed to create awareness.
- The first International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer was observed on September 16th, 1995.
- Theme for this year 2022 is ‘Global Cooperation Protecting Life on Earth.’
Mexican Independence Day
- Mexico was harshly ruled by the Spain kingdom over 300 years.
- Father Costilla is known as the Father of Mexican Independence. Father Costilla delivered the Independence of Mexico.
- On September 16 1810 Spanish rule came to an end.
- Since then Mexican Independence Day was observed.
Papua New Guinea Independence Day
- Independence Day is a public holiday in Papua New Guinea observed on September 16th.
- On September 16th 1975, Papua New Guinea gained full independence from Australia, with Sir Michael Somare becoming prime minister. Papua New Guinea remains part of the Commonwealth.
- This is the National Day of Papua New Guinea and commemorates independence from Australia on September 16th 1975.
|To Follow Our Instagram||Click Here|
|To Follow Our Twitter||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Our Facebook||Click Here|