Daily Current Affairs 15th September 2022
PM Modi Launches Leopard Translocation (Cheetah project) Program in Madhya Pradesh!!!
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate a program to relocate leopards in Kuno National Park in Madhya Pradesh on September 17.
- After 70 years, leopards can once again roam their natural habitat. And the Indian government officially declared the leopard extinct in the country in 1952.
- The people of Sheopur, Morena and Shivpuri districts located around Kuno National Park will also benefit from the increase in tourists through the Cheetah project.
- Chosen to release leopards in Kuno National Park covering an area of about 750 square kilometers. Apart from this, around 3 thousand square km of forest area for free movement of leopards in Sheopur and Shivpuri districts and security arrangements for the movement of leopards and other animals in Kuno National Park have been strengthened.
Indore becomes India’s first smart city!!!
- Indore, a city in the state of Madhya Pradesh, has made history as the first city in India to fully implement digital addressing technology.
- It is to be noted that a Memorandum of Understanding was signed with “Patta Navigations” for this project.
- The MoU was signed by Rajat Jain, Co-founder of Pataa Navigations and Rishav Gupta (IAS), CEO of Indore Smart City.
- “Pataa”, the app has developed patented technology and is working with the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) to develop a digital address system for the nation.
- In Pataa app users can upload pictures of their houses, landmarks etc along with their addresses in full text.
Union Government has approved the inclusion of Narikuravar and Kuruvikarar communities in tribal list
- Last March M.K.Stalin has written a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi asking that the Narikuravar communities should be included in the tribal list.
- As per this request Union Government today has approved the inclusion of Narikuravar communities in tribal list.
- Today Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Union Government have taken a historic decision and approved the proposal to include several tribal communities in the category of Scheduled Tribes in Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh.
The Election Commission has launched ‘BLO e-Patrika’
- The Election Commission has launched ‘BLO e-Patrika’ at an interactive session held with Booth Level Officers BLOs spread across the States in India.
- In this launch event CEOs in States/UTs and 50 BLOs from the nearby states joined.
- ‘BLO e-Patrika’ will establish direct communication with Booth Level Officers.
- Patrika in fact provides a platform for three-way communication
- This platform helps in sharing instructions to till ground level.
- It helps to get feedback.
- It helps to transform the computerized Electoral database
Gujarat is the entry point for drugs!!!
- On September 14, 40 kg of heroin worth Rs 200 crore smuggled from Pakistan was seized near Jhagu port.
- On July 13, 75.3 kg of heroin worth Rs 376.5 crore was seized at Mundra port.
- On May 26, 56 kg of drugs worth Rs.500 crore were seized at Mundra port.
- On 29th April at Pipavau Port Rs. 450 crores seized 90 kg of heroin
- On April 21, 260 kg of heroin worth Rs.1300 crore was seized at Kandla port.
- And the maximum amount on February 13 in Gujarat waters was Rs. 2000 crore 800 kg of drugs seized.
- And on September 13, 2021, 2988 kg of narcotics worth Rs.21 thousand crore was seized at Mundra port. Gujarat turning entry point for drugs.
Announcement of Anna Padak Awards for 5 people including Municipal Police Deputy Commissioner !!!
- 5 people, including Municipal Police Commissioner, have been selected for the Anna Award given on the occasion of the birthday of Tamil Nadu former Chief Minister Anna.
- Also Anna Padhak awards for 2022 have been announced for 127 people
- Anna Medal should be awarded to any citizen irrespective of age for his heroic act in protecting public life and property.
- The medal should be made of gold plated white (3/3 diameter) in a circular shape.
- In addition to this medal, a check for Rs.1.00 lakh (Rupees one lakh only) and a certificate of appreciation should also be presented to the award.
A new birds sanctuary has been announced by the Tamilnadu government
- Tamilnadu’s 17th birds sanctuary has established in Tirupur district.
- The Tamilnadu government has established the bird sanctuary at an area of 125.86.5 hectares in Uthukuli and Tirupur north Taluks.
- The bird sanctuary has established at the cost of Rs 7.5 crore.
Export of Indian Chemical hit the growth of 106% in 2021-22
- India’s exports of Chemicals for 2021-22 hit a record at US$ 29296 Million and grows to106%.
- India became 6th largest in the world and 3rd largest in Asia in the production of Chemical.
- India ranked 14th in the Export of Chemical.
- The export growth of Chemicals has achieved because of a surge in shipments of Organic, Inorganic Chemicals, Agrochemicals, Dyes and Dye intermediates, and Specialty Chemicals.
India’s Vinesh wins bronze medal in World Wrestling Championships!!!
- The 17th World Wrestling Championship has started on the 10th in Belgrade, the capital of Serbia. Vinesh Phogat from Haryana represented India in the 53 kg weight lifting category.
- She suffered a shock 0-7 defeat to Mongolia’s Kulan Batkuya in the women’s 53kg bodyweight category.
- She then advanced to the next round via repechage and defeated Kazakhstan’s Esimova. Then Azerbaijan’s Lela Gurbanova withdrew due to injury and Vinesh Bhoga entered into the bronze medal round.
- Vinesh Bhogat became the first Indian woman to win two medals at a World Championships by defeating Sweden’s Emma Joanna Malmgren (8-0) to win the bronze medal.
Science and Technology
MeitY Startup Hub and Meta Company Collaborate to Accelerate XR Technology Startups in India!!!
- “MeitY Startup Hub,” an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, on September 12 announced a partnership with Facebook-parent Meta to support XR technology startups.
- Extended Reality (Extendable Reality) or XR is a growing field of technology that combines real and virtual environments.
- The collaboration with META is “part of the government’s efforts to gain competence in emerging and future technologies”.
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Meity) launched Startup Hub (MSH) in May 2019, a national platform focusing on technological innovation, start-ups and intellectual property creation
Lunar occultation visible from parts of Africa, Asia and Europe!!!
- The Moon passes in front of Uranus in an event called a lunar occultation that can be seen from parts of Africa, Asia and Europe.
- this event will start at 6.26 pm. Uranus — an ice giant planet located toward the outer edge of the Solar System — begins to disappear behind the Moon for about an hour. After this, the planet will emerge from behind the moon.
- U.K. In moves about 12 degrees to 13 degrees above the eastern horizon will disappear behind the moon.
- The Moon is at its brightest when occulted with Uranus.
- The Moon moves in front of stars, planets or asteroids, visible only from parts of the planet during the eclipse of Uranus.
“Will Power” book to be launch by HarperCollins Publishers in September 2022
- The book titled “Will Power: The Inside Story of the Incredible Turnaround in Indian Women’s Hockey” is published by HarperCollins Publishers in this month.
- This book is authored by the Former Dutch field hockey player and former Indian Women’s Hockey Coach, Sjoerd Marijne.
- This book highlights the experience of Sjoerd Marijne as a Coach.
National Engineer’s Day
- Every year Engineer’s Day is observed on 15th September.
- In 1968 Indian government has announced M. Visvesvaraya birth anniversary as National Engineer’s Day.
- Since then India observes this day as National Engineer’s Day.
- Sir Mokshagundam Vishveshwaraya was the first civil engineer in India.
- This day is celebrated to pay tribute to Sir M Visvesvaraya and honor all the engineers across the country.
International Day of Democracy
- International Day of Democracy is observed every year on September 15.
- According to Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the right to freedom of expression is a fundamental human right. International Day of Democracy is observed to create awareness of Human Rights.
- The first International Day of Democracy was observed on 15 September 2008.
- The theme for International Day of Democracy 2022 is “Importance of media freedom to democracy, peace, and delivering on the Sustainable Development Goals”.
C.N. Annadurai 114th birth anniversary
- C.N. Annadurai popularly known as Anna also known as Arignar Anna or Perarignar Anna was born on 15 September 1909.
- He was the First Chief Minister of Tamilnadu from 1967 until 1969.
- He is the one who renamed Madras State as Tamilnadu and also took part in the independence of India.
- Today Tamilnadu is celebrating his 114th birth anniversary
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|