Daily Current Affairs 12th September 2022
Ministry of Jal Shakti has announced the winners of ‘Water Heroes: Share Your Stories’ for the month of August 2022!!!
- Ministry of Jal Shakti, which includes the Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, etc., has announced a competition ‘Water Heroes: Share Your Stories’.
- In line with the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi, large number of people should be motivated to practice water conservation in the country.
- The objective of this competition is to create awareness for water conservation by improving people’s knowledge and sharing experiences, and to promote the value of water in general and to support nationwide efforts for water conservation and sustainable development of water resources.
India’s First National Conference on Sustainable Coastal Management Launched in Bhubaneswar State!!!
- Union Environment, Forest and Climate Change Minister Bhupender Yadav inaugurated the first National Conference on Sustainable Marine Management in India at Odisha state capital Bhubaneswar.
- The purpose of the conference is to bring together officials from 13 coastal states of India to focus on three integrated themes: coastal and marine life, climate mitigation, adaptation and marine pollution.
- Enhancing Climate Resilience of India’s Coastal Communities’ (2019-2024) is a 6-year project implemented by Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change with support from UNDP.
- The project aims to improve the climate resilience of the most vulnerable people, especially women, in coastal areas of India.
- UNDP- United Nations Development Programme
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- Founded: 22 November 1965
For the first time in the country, a Muslim MP has been appointed in Gurjar region of Kashmir!!!
- For the first time in the country, the Central Government has appointed a Muslim as Rajya Sabha MP from Gurjar region of Jammu and Kashmir.
- In July 2019, the central government revoked the special status granted to the state of Jammu and Kashmir. It also divided the state into 2 Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh. Elections are soon to be held in Kashmir with a legislative assembly.
- According to the last census of 2011, the population of the hilly Gurjar section of Kashmir was 14.93 lakh. 99.3 percent of Gurjars and Bhagarwals follow Islam.
- In this case, the Ministry of Home Affairs issued a notification yesterday, “Based on the authority given by the Constitution of India, the President has ordered the appointment of Ghulam Ali to the vacant position of nominated member of the State Council.”
Prince and Princess of Wales: William and Catherine ascended the throne
- King Charles announced their new titles during his first speech as monarchon Friday night, a day after his mother’s death.
- In his address to the nation, Charles III, who was crowned king, said, “My son William inherits the Scottish titles I have held for 50 years. He will henceforth perform his duties as Khanwal Gomahan.
- I am also proud to appoint William as Prince of Wales. William’s wife Catherine will be the Princess of Wales.
UN has published the list of the most innovative!!!
- The United Nations has published a list of the most innovative countries in the world, in which Switzerland is at the top.
- The World Intellectual Property Organization has released its 2021 Invention Report, which shows where each country ranks in terms of innovation.
- Economically, the report has been prepared by dividing the world into 4 economic categories and regionally into 7 categories such as high income countries, upper middle income countries, lower middle income countries and low income countries.
- Top three places
- USA tops the list
- Ranking list of India and neighboring countries
o India – 46
o Sri Lanka – 95
o Pakistan – 99
o Nepal – 111
o Bangladesh – 116
o Myanmar – 127
Vandalur Arinagar Anna Zoo selected as the best park in the country in terms of management and maintenance!!!
- A National Zoo Directors Conference was held at Bhubaneswar, Odisha. In this, a functional evaluation report on the management of zoos was submitted.
- Zoos are classified as large, medium and small and are rated based on their performance.
- In particular, the future plan of the parks, purpose, status, needs, land, environment, master plan, management plan, species reproduction etc. were taken into consideration.
- Vandalur Arinjaranna Zoo of Tamil Nadu has topped the list of largest parks in 3 categories including maintenance, management and planning.
India’s agricultural and processed food products exports up by 30% to USD 9598 Million
- According to the data by the Directorate General of Commercial Intelligence and Statistics (DGCI&S), the overall export of agricultural and processed food products increased to USD 9598 million in the month of April – July 2022 from USD 7397 million over the same period of the last fiscal.
- The comparison to the corresponding period FY 2021-2022 and the current FY2021-2023 the exports of agricultural and processed food products rose by 30 percent.
- 40 % of export target for agricultural and processed food products for 2022-23 already achieved in first four months
- Cereals and miscellaneous processed items reported a growth of 37.75 percent and 35.26 percent.
- Basmati Rice exports witnessed a growth of 29.13 percent.
- Non-basmati rice export increased to USD 2086 million in the first four months of the current fiscal from USD 1910 million
2022 Prototype Modelling World Talent Competition Indian Likit Wins Bronze Medal!!!
- At the World Skills Competition 2022 (WSC2022), Mr. Likit YP won a bronze medal in prototyping.
- Liqith has completed Diploma in Mechatronics from Toyota Technical Training Institute and has been training for this competition since January 2022. She has also won India’s national skills competition “India Skills 2021” in modeling skills.
- WorldSkills Competition is an international competition for talented youth in member countries of WorldSkills International.
- Phase 1 of WSC 2022 was held in Bern, Switzerland from 7-10 September 2022
United Nations Day for South-South Cooperation 2022!!!
- On 12 September, the United Nations Day for South-South Cooperation celebrates and promotes recent developments in the regions and countries of the South.
- South-South cooperation is a term that refers to technological cooperation among developing countries located in the Global South.
- These countries are located in Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean. Countries in the Global South generally have low incomes and low quality democracies.
- UNOSSC was created in 1974 by the United Nations General Assembly as a special division of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP). The objective was to create a system of technical cooperation among developing countries. UNOSSC serves as the main office for coordinating South-South and triangular cooperation globally and within the UN system.
|To Follow Our Instagram||Click Here|
|To Follow Our Twitter||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Our Facebook||Click Here|