Daily Current Affairs 11th March 2023
India and the US signed a MOU to establish a semiconductor supply chain and innovation partnership.
- India and the US today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish a semiconductor supply chain and innovation partnership under the framework of India-US Commercial Dialogue, following the conclusion of the 2023 commercial Dialogue in New Delhi.
3rd International Conference of Election Commission of India (ECI)
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) has conducted its 3rd International Conference on the theme ‘Inclusive Elections and Elections Integrity’ in a virtual format on March 09, 2023.
- Notably, the Election Commission of India is leading the Consortium on Electoral Integrity and the Summit for Democracy 2021 was held in December.
International Symposium on Health Technology Assessment launched
- The Vice President inaugurated the 2nd International Symposium on Health Technology Assessment today in the presence of Union Health Minister Mr. Mansukh Mandavia.
- The conference was launched with the theme of “Affordability, Availability and Accessibility of Healthcare Technologies through Evidence generated by Health Technology Assessment for Universal Health Coverage”
Ram Chandra Poudel becomes the President of Nepal
- A new presidential election was held there following the completion of the tenure of Nepalese President Bidhya Devi Bhandari on the 12th.
- Ram Chandra Poudel (age 78) of the Nepali Congress Party has been elected as the new President.
Xi Jinping has been elected for the third consecutive term as the President of China.
- Around 3,000 members of the 14th National People’s Congress, held in the Chinese parliament, voted to re-elect Xi Jinping as Chinese president.
- Also, Xi Jinping is taking responsibility as the head of the Chinese Military Commission. It is noteworthy that no one is competing against Xi Jinping.
A 1,000-year-old medieval gold hoard has been discovered
- A 1,000-year-old medieval gold hoard was discovered by Lorenzo Ruijter in Hoogwoud, Netherlands.
- The Dutch National Museum of Antiquities (Rijksmuseum van Oudheden) said the treasure contained four gold ear pendants, two gold leafs and 39 silver coins.
A book titled ‘Mundaka Upanishad: The Bridge to Immortality’ has been published.
- Dr. Karan Singh is the author of the book ‘Mundaka Upanishad: The Bridge to Immortality’ ‘.
- The book was released by Vice President Jagdeep Dhankar on 9 March 2023 in New Delhi.
Independence Restoration Day-Lithuania (March 11)
- The Day of Restoration of Independence of Lithuania is celebrated on March 11 in commemoration of the Law on the Re-establishment of the State of Lithuania signed by the Constituent Assembly in 1990.
Download Daily Current Affairs 11th March 2023 PDF