Daily Current Affairs 02 September 2022
University Grants Commission to launch ‘e-Samadhan’ portal
- University Grants Commission is now to monitor and resolve the grievances of all student and staffs through a portal called e- Samadhan.
- This Portal ensures the transparency and prevents unfair activities.
- This portal is a solution to stop all grievances of the Student and staff.
- The users can register their complaints by the simple procedure using Mail id or by placing a call on tollfree number 1800-111-656.
- University Grants Commission has a wide stakeholders with 1043 Universities, 42343 Colleges, 3.85 Crore Students and 15.03 Lacs Teachers.
- Headquarter: New Delhi
- Chairman: Dr Mamidala Jagadesh Kumar
Unemployment rate in India in the month of August
- In the month of August employment sequentially fell by 2 million to 394.6 million, as unemployment rate highs at 8.3 percentages, according to the data from the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy.
- CMIE has added that during the month of July the unemployment rate is at 6.8 and the employment is 397 million.
- The usual rate in the urban unemployment rate is 8 percent and the rural unemployment rate is 7 percent, but in the month of August the urban unemployment is 9.6 percent and the rural unemployment rate is 7.7 percent.
- In the month of August the unemployment rate in the rural India rose from 6.1 percent to 7.7 percent, more importantly the employment rate fell from 37.6 percent to 37.3 percent.
- Haryana ranks highest in unemployment with the percentage 37.3, while Chhattisgarh ranks lowest with the percentage 0.4.
India’s first vaccine against cervical cancer
- Union Minister state of science and technology Jitendra Singh has launched India’s first vaccine against cervical cancer at IIC Delhi.
- India ranks second place in cervical cancer the women age between15 to 44.
- Cervical cancer is the most common among women, the estimation of the World Health Organization 604000 new cervical cancer cases, 342000 death in 2020.
- Quadrivalent human Papillomavirus vaccine (qHPV) cervical cancer vaccine was developed by the Serum Institute of India and the Department of Biotechnology.
- This cervical cancer vaccine prevents 85-90% of cases.
Rajesh Kumar Srivastava appointed as the Interim new Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (ONGC)
- Rajesh Kumar Srivastava is the third interim chief of the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd.
- It is entrusted that he will be in charge for four months from September – December 2022.
- After to the acting head Alka Mittal superannuated, Srivastava is appointed as the Chairman and managing director.
- He also holds as the Non-Executive Director from Financial Times, United Kingdom.
- Headquarters: Vasant Kunj, New Delhi
- Founded: 14 August 1956
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has commissioned the first indigenous aircraft carrier as INS Vikrant
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi commissioned the country’s first indigenous aircraft carrier Indian Naval ship (INS) Vikrant.
- He also unveils the new Naval Ensign (Nishaan)
- Shri Narendra Modi added that Vikrant is a huge, massive and vast.It is a testament to the hard work, talent ,commitment of the India in the 21st century.
- INS Vikrant is designed by the Indian Navy’s Warship Design Bureau and it is built by Cochin Shipyard limited.
- It is largest ship ever built in maritime history of India.
- It is 262.5 m long and 61.6 m wide, the speed of the 28 knots with 7500 Nautical miles and it contain 2200 compartment.
GST collection rose to 28 % in the month of August
- In the month of August India’s GST has rose to 143. trillion.
- Finance Ministry said that the gross GST revenue collected in the month of August 2022 in CGST is Rs 24,710 crore, SGST is Rs 30,951crore, IGST is 77782crore.
- The revenue collected in August 2021 is now higher than 2022.
- GST Collection rises 28 percentages than in 2021.
Previous Months GST Collection in 2022
- January: 1,40,986 crore
- February: 1,33,026 crore
- March: 1,42,095 crore
- April: 1,67,540 crore
- May: 1,40,885 crore
- June: 1,44,616 crore
- July: 1,48,995 crore
Autobiography book titled “The Hero of Tiger Hill”
- “The Hero of Tiger Hill” titled book was authored by Retd Subedar Major (Honorary Captain) Yogendra Sing Yadav.
- This book is the Autobiography of a Param Vir,this book is the inspiring story of Subedar Major Yogendra Sing Yadav.
- This book was focused on the true story of a 19 years old brave soldier the night of Kargil War on 3 July 1999.
- This book was published by Srishit Publisher and Distributors.
- He is the Youngest Param Vir Chakara awardee at the age of 19 for the action in the 1999 Kargil conflict.
Amlan Borgohain breaks 100m national record at All India Railway Championships
- Amlan Borgohain breaks national record by running 100 m in 10.25 Seconds at the all India Inter Railway Athletics Championship.
- He breaks the record of 24 years old Amiya Mallick surpassed the timing 10.26 in 2016.
- Amlan Borgohain’s timing in last national opens is 10.34 Seconds.
- He also holds national record in 200m in 20.52 Seconds in Federation Cup.
- The 24 years old Amlan Borgohain is now India’s fastest in both the sprint events.
World Coconut Day
- Every year World Coconut Day is observed on September 2.
- Narendra Singh Tomar has inaugurated the state Center of Coconut Development Board in Gujarat
- On celebrating this day Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister,Narendra Singh Tomar has inaugurated the state Center of Coconut Development Board in Gujarat.
- He also awarded the Board’s National Awards and Export Excellence Awards.
- India is among the top coconut producing nation, now India is celebrating coconut day with the support of Coconut Development Board.
- The state that contribute coconut production in India is Tamilnadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Goa, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha.
Theme for this year 2022 is “Growing Coconut for a Better Future and Life”.
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Online Classes||Click Here|