Summits and Conference – September 2018
In this we have given, September 2018 Summits and Conference and other important events held on that day. This is very important for all Competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, RRB, and all PSC Examinations.
International Summits/ Conference:
|6th East Asia Summit and 15th India - ASEAN Economic Ministers Meeting @ Singapore||Commerce & Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu attended the 6th East Asia Summit- Economic Ministers’ Meeting (EAS-EMM) and 15th India-ASEAN Economic Ministers’ Meeting (AEM) in Singapore. Singapore is currently holding the Chair of ASEAN|
|71st Session of the WHO Regional Committee for South-East Asia @ New Delhi||It meets in September every year to review progress in health development in the Region, formulate resolutions on health issues for the Member States, as well as to consider the regional implications of World Health Assembly resolutions, among others.|
|International Women Entrepreneurs Summit @ Kathmandu, Nepal||The International Women Entrepreneurs Summit 2018 is being held in Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal. Vice President of Nepal Nanda Bahadur Pun inaugurated the summit. Theme:- “Equality begins with Economic Empowerment”.|
|3rd ASEM (Asia-Europe Meeting) Conference on ‘Global Ageing and Human Rights of Older Persons’ @ Seoul, South Korea||Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot, Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment is heading a 3-member Indian Delegation to attend the 3rd ASEM (Asia-Europe Meeting) Conference on ‘Global Ageing and Human Rights of Older Persons’|
|‘Source India’ @ Turkey||India is the Partner Country in the 87th Izmir International tradeshow which begins in Turkey. In this tradeshow India will also be launching a mega business pavilion ‘Source India’ hosting 75 Indian companieswith the aim of tie-ups in order to increase India’s exports to Turkey and other neighbouring countries.|
|G20 Education Ministers’ and Joint Ministerial Meeting @ Mendoza, Argentina||The Minister of State for Human Resource Development, Dr. Satya Pal Singh lead a high level delegation to the G-20 Education Ministers’ Meeting as well as Joint Ministerial Meeting. It was the first ever meeting of Education Ministers in the history of G-20.|
|Global Climate Action Summit @ San Francisco, California||A high-level UAE delegation, headed by Dr Thani bin Ahmed Al Zeyoudi, Minister of Climate Change and Environment, will take part in the upcoming Global Summit on Climate Action.|
|Eastern Economic Forum @ Vladivostok in Russia||Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, recently visited the Eastern Economic Forum|
|IRIGC-TEC meet @ Moscow, Russia||External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj reached Moscow to attend the 23rd meeting of the Inter-Governmental Commission on Technical & Economic Cooperation, IRIGC-TEC. She will co-chair the meeting with Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation, Yuri Borisov.|
|G-20, Trade and Investment Ministerial Meeting @ Mar del Plata in Argentina||Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, will participate in the G-20, Trade and Investment Ministerial Meeting|
|India – Morocco Tourism Bilateral meeting @ New Delhi||A bilateral meeting on Tourism Cooperation between India and Morocco agreed to enhance the tourism cooperation between India & Morocco. Agreement of Cooperation signed between ITDC and Moroccan Agency for Tourism Development|
|73rd session of the UN General Assembly @ New York, US||External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has arrived here to represent India at the 73rd session of the UN General Assembly and hold several bilateral and multilateral meetings with her global counterparts.|
|Interfaith Alliance Forum @ Abu Dhabi, UAE||The forum aims to address and discuss social challenges and to strengthen efforts by religious leaders to formulate cohesive ideas that enhance the protection of the young individuals from extortion and crime via the internet.|
National Summits / Conference:
Five-day training programme on ‘Landslide Mitigation and Detailed Project Report (DPR) Preparation’
- A five-day training programme on ‘Landslide Mitigation and Detailed Project Report (DPR) Preparation’ concluded at IIT-Mandi successfully at Himachal Pradesh supported by the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA).
Future Mobility Summit-2018
- NITI Aayog Chief Executive Officer Amitabh Kant has said India will shortly unveil a One Nation-One Card policy for public transport that will entail connectivity between various modes of transport.
Conference on E-Mobility in Indian Railways
- A Conference on “E-Mobility in Indian Railways” organized by Ministry of Railways through Institution of Railways Electrical Engineers (IREE) in association with NITI Aayog concluded.
31st meeting of Central Hindi Committee
- 31st meeting of Central Hindi Committee concluded under the chairmanship of the Prime Minister in New Delhi.
Global Sanitation Convention to Herald 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi
- Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation will organize a global sanitation convention to mark the beginning of the 150th birth anniversary celebrations of Mahatma Gandhi, also coinciding with the fourth anniversary of the launch of Swachh Bharat Mission.
Defence & Homeland Security Expo and Conference
- Three day Defence and Homeland Security Expo and Conference inaugurated by Home Minister Rajnath Singh in New Delhi.
6th International Geriatric Orthopaedic Conference
- The Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the 6th International Geriatric Orthopaedic Society of India Conference on the theme “Increased Longevity with Reduced Fragility and Enhanced Mobility”, at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
4th World Summit on Accreditation (WOSA-2018)
- Union Minister for HRD Shri Prakash Javadekar inaugurates 4th World Summit on Accreditation (WOSA-2018) at New Delhi.
Regional Conference on Good Governance
- The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DAR&PG), Government of India in association with Government of Madhya Pradesh is organizing a Regional Conference on Good Governance with Focus on Aspirational Districts, in Bhopal.
Training Programme on Documentation of Information
- Two-day Training Programme on Documentation of Information into National AYUSH Morbidity and Standardized Terminologies Portal (NAMSTP) organised by the Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS).
First Regional Workshop on RERA
- A New Era of Transparency and Accountability in Real Estate, 2 years of implementation and way forward (Western Region)” in Pune
Conference of DGPs, IGPs and Heads of Central Police Organizations of North East
- The 25th conference of DGPs, IGPs and Heads of Central Police Organizations of North Eastern Region started in Arunachal Pradesh capital Itanagar.
First ever India tourism Mart 2018
- The Union Minister for Railways and Coal, Shri Piyush Goyal inaugurated the ‘first ever’ India Tourism Mart (ITM 2018) in New Delhi. The India Tourism Mart is being organized by the Ministry of Tourism.
National Convention of National Association of Street Vendors of India, NASVI
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurated a two-day National Convention of National Association of Street Vendors of India, NASVI, in New Delhi.
First General Assembly of the International Solar Alliance
- The first General Assembly of the International Solar Alliance, ISA, will be inaugurated on the 2nd of October in Delhi.
First assembly of ISA, Second ministerial of IORA and Second REINVEST meet in India
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy is organising the First Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA); the 2nd Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Renewable Energy Ministerial Meeting and the 2nd Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo, (REINVEST- 2018) from 2nd to 5th October 2018 in New Delhi.
Commonwealth Parliamentary Association’s India Region-IV conference
- In Himachal Pradesh, two day Commonwealth Parliamentary Association Indian Region-IV, Conference and Workshop is being organised in Shimla.
National Conference on Excellence in Workplace Safety & Occupational Health
- Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Santosh Kumar Gangwar inaugurated the 7th National Conference on Excellence in Workplace Safety and Occupational Health in New Delhi.
National literary and intellectual conference- “Lok Manthan 2018”
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated a national literary and intellectual conference- “Lok Manthan 2018” organised by Department of Culture of Jharkhand in Ranchi.
International conference on plastics recycling and waste management
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates International conference on plastics recycling and waste management in New Delhi.
GST Council Meeting
- The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council will meet in New Delhi. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will chair the 30th Meeting of the Council via Video Conferencing.
Inauguration of Conference on Academic Leadership on Education for Resurgence
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to inaugurate Conference on Academic Leadership on Education for Resurgence on 29th September, 2018 in New Delhi.
National Level Workshop on Nutri-cereals (Millet)
Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Shri Radha Mohan Singh inaugurated the National Level Workshop on Nutri-cereals (Millet). Twenty Embryo Transfer Technology Centres are being established in the country and a proposal of 19 centres has been approved.