Daily Current Affairs – September 22 2018
September 22 – World Rhino Day
- World Rhino Day was first announced by WWF-South Africa in 2010. The following year, World Rhino Day grew into an international success, encompassing both African and Asian rhino species. It celebrates all five species of rhino: Black, white, greater one-horned, Sumatran and Javan rhinos.
‘Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha’ inaugurated
- President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the centenary celebrations of the Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha in New Delhi.
Assamese movie is India’s official entry for Oscars 2019
- Assamese movie ‘Village Rockstars’ has been selected as India’s official entry to the Oscars 2019. The film is directed by Rima Das.
Start-up yatra to be launched
- The Maharashtra government will tap into the vibrancy of the start-up ecosystem by launching a yatra to search for future entrepreneurs and unicorns in rural areas.
Russia, Turkey agree on borders of demilitarised zone in Syrian
- Russia and Turkey have agreed on the borders of a demilitarised zone in northern Syria.
India, Nepal agree to use satellite images in boundary survey work
- India and Nepal have agreed to explore the possibility of using high-resolution satellite images in boundary survey work.
Hong Kong opens high-speed rail link with mainland China
- Hong Kong opened a new high-speed rail link to inland China that will vastly decrease travel times but also raises concerns about Beijing’s creeping influence over the semi-autonomous Chinese region.
ISRO setting up launch pad for Gaganyaan mission
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is setting up a third launch pad at Sriharikota to undertake the Gaganyaan manned space flight programme.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
SEBI relaxes KYC norms for foreign investors
- Securities and Exchange Board of India, SEBI has issued revised Know Your client (KYC) norms, providing relief to foreign portfolio investors, FPI.
- Under new norms residents as well as non-resident Indians have been permitted to hold a non-controlling stake in such entities.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
Commonwealth Parliamentary Association’s India Region-IV conference
- In Himachal Pradesh, two day Commonwealth ParliamentaryAssociation Indian Region-IV, Conference and Workshop is being organised in Shimla.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
Jharkhand government inks MoU with NICL
- The Jharkhand government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Insurance Company Ltd to provide medical facilities to the people of the state under the Centre’s flagship health scheme – Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
Asian Team Snooker Championship
- India won silver medal after losing to Pakistan 2-3 in the final of the Asian Team Snooker Championship in Doha, Qatar.
Track Asia Cup
- India won 3 Gold, 3Silver and a Bronze on the opening day of the 5th Track Asia Cup Cycling in New Delhi. Mayuri Lute won the country’s first Gold in the Women’s Junior 500 metres race.
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here
Telegram Channel Click Here