Daily Current Affairs – September 17 2018
Jammu & Kashmir
Smart fencing project along international border in J&K inaugurated
- Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated two pilot projects of smart fencing along the Indo-Pakistan International Border in Jammu.
Rashtriya Poshan Maah celebrated at CCRAS
- Ministry of AYUSH and Central Council of Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS), all 25 Clinical Research Institutes of CCRAS are conducting various health care activities during the Rashtriya Poshan Maah being observed in the month of September, 2018.
Germany rolls out world’s first hydrogen train
- Germany rolled out the world’s first hydrogen-powered train, signalling the start of a push to challenge the might of polluting diesel trains with costlier but eco-friendly technology.
Expats in UAE will be allowed to stay back in country for longer period of time after their retirement
- The length of the residency period in case of retired expats will be five years, with the possibility of renewal. The new policy is likely to be implemented from 2019.
NASA’s Hubble starts new mission to study early galaxies
- The Hubble Space Telescope has started a new mission to study six massive galaxy clusters that may help shed light on how the earliest galaxies evolved in the universe.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
NITI Aayog for clear policy on ‘jhum’ cultivation
- NITI Aayog proposes that land for shifting cultivation be recognised as agricultural land under agro-forestry.
RANKINGS & INDEXES
Machines will rule workplace by 2025: WEF report
- By 2025, machines are projected to overtake humans in workplace task hours in 12 key industry sectors, according to a ‘Future of Jobs’ report by the World Economic Forum (WEF)
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
India – Morocco Tourism Bilateral meeting
- A bilateral meeting on Tourism Cooperation between India and Morocco held in New Delhi agreed to enhance the tourism cooperation between India & Morocco. Agreement of Cooperation signed between ITDC and Moroccan Agency for Tourism Development.
First ever India tourism Mart 2018
- The Union Minister for Railways and Coal, Shri Piyush Goyal inaugurated the ‘first ever’ India Tourism Mart (ITM 2018) in New Delhi. The India Tourism Mart is being organized by the Ministry of Tourism.
- Prashant Kumar – SBI Chief Financial Officer
All India Pension Adalat
- The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh will inaugurate the All India Pension Adalat.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
Centre proposes to amalgamate Bank of Baroda, Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank
- The government has proposed amalgamation of Bank of Baroda, Vijaya Bank, and Dena Bank to create India’s 3rd largest globally competitive Bank.
Nepal, China begin joint military exercises
- “Sagarmatha Friendship-2” military exercise in China’s Sichuan province between Nepal and China focuses on counter-terrorism and disaster management.
- Kerala Tourism – Two Pacific Asia Travel Association gold awards [‘Yalla Kerala’ travel advertisement print media campaign in the Gulf countries and second for an innovative poster for Kochi-Muziris Biennale.]
APP & WEBPORTAL
NHA launches website, helpline number
- The National Health Agency (NHA), the apex body implementing the Ayushman Bharat– National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM), has launched a website and a helpline number.
Medved International Wrestling
- Sakshi Malik won Silver medal lost to Hungary’s Marianna Sastin in the 62 kg category at the Medved International Wrestling tournament at Minsk, Belarus.
- Pooja Dhanda won Bronze medal in the 57 kg category.
World Champion Kevin Mayer sets new world record in Decathlon
- World champion Kevin Mayer set a new world record in the decathlon with 9,126 points become just the third decathlete to surpass the 9,000-point barrier at the Decastar event in Talence, France.
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs
To Download Pocket Current Affairs
To Download 2018 August Month Current Affairs Quiz PDF
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here