Daily Current Affairs – September 12 2018
Samsung opens its largest experience store in Bengaluru
- Bengaluru has got the world’s largest mobile experience centre opened by Samsung. It will bring together technology, lifestyle and innovation to offer people unique experiences.
Haryana CM announces sharp reduction in power tariff
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has announced a sharp reduction in electricity tariff in the state.
Vladimir Putin suggests long-awaited peace treaty to Japan
- Russian President Vladimir Putin suggested that Russia and Japan should sign a much-anticipated peace treaty formally ending hostilities from World War II before the end of the year.
UN gets access to Rakhine for the first time since Aug. 2017
- The UN began work inside Myanmar’s violence-torn northern Rakhine State of Rohingya Muslims, the first time its agencies have been granted permission to operate there.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Centre hikes ethanol prices
- The Centre has hiked ethanol prices, with a special incentive for ethanol directly produced from 100% sugarcane juice, in a dual bid to reduce both surplus sugar production and the fuel import bill.
BPCL to invest Rs.40,000 crore in new petrochemicals plant
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) is planning to set up a Rs.40,000-crore petrochemicals plant at Rasayani in Raigad District of Maharashtra to manufacture polypropylene (PP) and polyethylene.
RANKINGS & INDEXES
- World’s best batsman in ICC ranking – Virat Kohli
- ICC Test Rankings – India
UN’s report on the State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World
- According to the latest edition of the UN’s annual multi-agency flagship report on the State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World, the number of undernourished globally, increased to 821 million in 2017. This means that one in every nine people, does not have enough to eat.
- Vibha Padalkar – New CEO of HDFC Life
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
MoU between India and Brunei Darussalam
- Cabinet approves MoU between India and Brunei Darussalam on Cooperation in the operation of Telemetry Tracking and Telecommand station for satellite and launch vehicles, and for cooperation in the field of Space Research, Science and Applications.
MoU between India and South Africa
- Cabinet approves MoU between India and South Africa on cooperation in the exploration and uses of outer space for peaceful purposes.
MoU on Collaborative Research on Distributed Ledger and Block Chain Technology
- Cabinet approves MoU on Collaborative Research on Distributed Ledger and Block Chain Technology in the context of Development of digital economy by Exim Bank under BRICS Interbank Cooperation Mechanism.
MoU between India and Egypt
- Cabinet approves MoU between India and Egypt on cooperation in the field of Agriculture & allied sectors.
MoU between India and Malta
- Cabinet approves signing of MoU between India and Malta for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism.
Policy Framework to Promote and Incentivize Enhanced Recovery Methods for Oil and Gas
- Cabinet approves Policy Framework to Promote and Incentivize Enhanced Recovery Methods for Oil and Gas.
- Cabinet approves New Umbrella Scheme “Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay SanraksHan Abhiyan” (PM-AASHA). The Scheme is aimed at ensuring remunerative prices to the farmers for their produce as announced in the Union Budget for 2018.
Capacity Development Scheme
- Cabinet approves continuation of Capacity Development Scheme for the period 2017-18 to 2019-20. The overall objective of the scheme is to augment infrastructural, technical as well as manpower resources for making available credible and timely Official Statistics for policy makers and public.
All railway tracks to be electrified
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the proposal for electrification of the remaining 13,675 route km of railway tracks converting the entire railway network into electric.
India’s first missile tracking ship readying for sea trials
- Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL) is gearing up to undertake sea trials of India’s first missile tracking ship by the first week of October and cruise the country into a global elite club.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan – Meryl Streep award for Excellence
- Shri Manoj Jhalani – UN Interagency Task Force (UNIATF) Award
APP & WEBPORTAL
Google’s ‘Neighbourly’ app
- Google will unveil its ‘Neighbourly’ app, to five more Indian cities. It helps users find answers to all types of questions such as shopping, fitness, food and tuition centres.
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs
To Download Pocket Current Affairs
To Download 2018 August Month Current Affairs Quiz PDF
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here