Current Affairs Quiz – November 20, 2019
Here we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs Quiz 2019. This Current Affairs Quiz will be useful to the candidates preparing for competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPSC, etc. It is very essential for the candidates to know about the Current Affairs for the UPSC, SSC, RRB & All state PSC’s Exams. Daily Current Affairs Quiz will help you to gain knowledge in the Current Affairs Section which aids you to get good scores in competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB and other state PSCs. In this page we have also given the Current Affairs Quiz Monthly Pdf. On this page you can study the Examsdaily’s Daily Current Affairs Quiz November 20, 2019 with answers & explanations.
- Universal Children’s Day is observed on which date?
- November 20
- November 21
- November 22
- November 19
- National Food Security Act was passed in which year?
- How many lakh farmers are registered in the scheme Pradhan Mantri KisanMaan-DhanYojana as on 14 Nov 2019?
- 18, 29,469
- 18, 34,456
- 18,72, 459
- 18, 65,421
- Which Ministry is promoting Budhhist Circuit in India?
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Tourism
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- How much lakh of hectares covered under organic farming in the country?
- Which Minister inaugurates SARAS at India International Trade Fair 2019?
- Ram Vilas Paswan
- Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Narendra Singh Tomar
- Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Where was 32nd Foundation Day of Indira Gandhi National Center for Arts held?
- New Delhi
- Where was South Asia Safety Summit held?
- New Delhi
- Where was International Principal’s Education Conference (IPEC) held?
- Asian Development Bank and which channel irrigation system has signed an agreement for modernizing the Irrigation?
- India lose to which country in 2022 World Cup qualifying round?
1) A) November 20
- On the 14th of December 1954, the United Nations General Assembly recommended that countries celebrate a Universal Children’s Day. The date 20 November marks the day on which the assembly adopted the Declaration of the Rights of the Child. On 20 November 1959 they adopted the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
2) D) 2013
- Government enacted that National Food Security Act, 2013 (NFSA) in July 2013 with an intended coverage of up to 75% of rural population and up to 50% of urban population for receiving highly subsidized food grains under Targeted Public Distribution System.
3) A) 18, 29,469
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar said that the more than 18 Lakh Farmers registered under PM KISAN MAAN DHAN YOJANA. With a view to provide social security net for the Small and Marginal Farmers (SMF) as they have minimal or no savings to provide for old age and to support them in the event of consequent loss of livelihood, the Government has launched a new Central Sector Scheme, namely, the Pradhan Mantri KisanMaan-DhanYojana (PM-KMY).
4) C) Ministry of Tourism
- With a view to showcase and project the Buddhist Heritage in India and boost tourism to the Buddhist destinations in the country. Ministry of Tourism organises the International Buddhist Conclave biennially with participation of tour operators, Media, opinion makers etc. from overseas as well as Indian stakeholders.
5) B) 27.77
- A total area of 27.77 lakh hectares is covered under organic farming in the country under Participatory Guarantee System (PGS) and 3rd party certification. Government of India has been encouraging organic farming in the country through the dedicated schemes namely ParamparagatKrishiVikasYojana (PKVY- Centrally Sponsored scheme, in all states & UTs) and Mission Organic Value Chain Development of North East Region (MOVCDNER -Central Sector scheme for North Eastern Region).
6) C) Narendra Singh Tomar
- Union Minister for Rural Development Narendra Singh Tomar was inaugurated the SARAS India International Trade Fair at PragatiMaidan in New Delhi. Mr Tomar said, empowering rural women through Self-Help Groups is one of the top priorities of the government.
7) A) New Delhi
- Union Minister of State(Independent Charge) for Culture and Tourism Shri Prahlad Singh Patel took part in the 32nd Foundation Day Celebrations at Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts as chief guest in New Delhi. Shri Patel said that IGNCA has great significance for it plays the role of preserving the dying forms of art and culture. He also released 20 new books and 6 DVDs on this occasion.
8) C) New Delhi
- Union Minister Smriti Irani has stressed the need to ensure the safety of women and children within their homes, and create safe neighbourhoods to protect them against violence and abuse. The Women and Child Development Minister was addressing the 2nd edition of South Asia Safety Summit in New Delhi.
9) D) Nagpur
- RSS Chief Dr. Mohan Bhagwat inaugurated the International Principal’s Education Conference (IPEC) at Nagpur. Highlighting the importance of individual excellence in the education system Mr.Bhagwat said, striving for excellence holds the key for becoming successful in life. He stressed that it is the responsibility of educational institutes to mould the students into fearless, confident human beings in true sense.
10) A) Vijayanagara
- The Centre and Asian Development Bank (ADB) has signed an agreement to extend 91 million US dollar loan to modernize the Vijayanagara Channel Irrigation Systems and prepare river basin management plans in the Krishna river basin. It will help improve irrigation water use efficiency and contribute to improving sustainable water security in Karnataka.
11) D) Oman
- The Indian football team was virtually knocked out of the 2022 World Cup qualifying round after losing 0-1 to Oman in Muscat. Mohsin Al Ghassani scored the all-important goal in the 33rd minute at the Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex Stadium as Oman beat India for the second time in the campaign.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|