Current Affairs Quiz – December 06, 2019
Here we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs Quiz 2019. This Current Affairs Quiz will be useful to the candidates preparing for competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPSC, etc. It is very essential for the candidates to know about the Current Affairs for the UPSC, SSC, RRB & All state PSC’s Exams. Daily Current Affairs Quiz will help you to gain knowledge in the Current Affairs Section which aids you to get good scores in competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB and other state PSCs. In this page we have also given the Current Affairs Quiz Monthly Pdf. On this page you can study the Examsdaily’s Daily Current Affairs Quiz December 06, 2019 with answers & explanations.
- Srilanka and which country is agreed to strengthen bilateral cooperation?
- How many crores are sanctioned by government to set up women help desks in police stations?
- 10 Crores
- 100 Crores
- 85 Crores
- 75 Crores
- Short essay competition is launched for which classes students?
- VIII –X
- IX –XI
- VI – VIII
- Who pays homage to Dr BR Ambedkar on his 64th Mahaparinirvan Diwas?
- Ram Nath Kovind
- Amit Shah
- Narendra Modi
- Piyush Goyal
- Which University has approved setting up of a separate department for disability and rehabilitation studies?
- University of Delhi
- University of Jammu
- University of Mysore
- University of Chandigarh
- Where was Avantee mega Food Park inaugurated?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Where India based Neutrino Observatory is being planned?
- Union Minister for Jal Shakti Gajendra Singh Shekhawat inaugurated a sewage treatment plant in which state?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Where was DGP, IGP conference began?
- ISRO has set up how many numbers of Space Technology Cells in IITs?
- Where a military exercise INDRA 2019 is going to held?
- Where a first T20 international is held?
ANSWERS AND EXPLANATION
1) C) Maldives
- This was agreed to during meeting of visiting Maldivian Foreign Minister Abdulla Shahid with Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa.Both the leaders agreed that the Indian Ocean must remain free and open for all nations for their economic upliftment.President Rajapaksa said, it was Sri Lanka that proposed the Indian Ocean be declared as a zone of peace in early 70s.Maldivian Minister highlighted the importance of improving people to people relations between the two countries.
2) B) 100 Crores
- Union Home Ministry has sanctioned a sum 100 crore rupees from Nirbhaya Fund for setting up and strengthening of Women Help Desks in Police Stations.This scheme would be implemented by the States and Union Territories.The Help Desks would focus on making the Police Stations more women-friendly and approachable, as they would be the first and single point of contact for any woman walking into a police station.
3) D) IX – XII
- Human Resource Development Ministry in partnership with MyGov has launched a short essay competition for students of Class 9 to 12 for the third edition of Prime Minister’s Interaction Programme with school students ‘Pariksha Pe Charcha- 2020’.The programme is proposed to be held at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi in the third week of January next year. The entries for the competition, to be sent on-line, have been made open from 2nd of this month.
4) A) Mr. Ram Nath Kovind
- President Ram Nath Kovind led the nation in paying tributes to Bharat Ratna Dr BR Ambedkar on his 64th Mahaparinirvan Diwas .He paid floral tributes at his Statue in Parliament House.Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu in a series of tweets, said, humble tributes and respects to the architect of the Constitution.
5) C) University of Mysore
- The University of Mysore Academic Council has approved setting up of a separate department for disability and rehabilitation studies in its campus at Manasagangotri. Vice-Chancellor G Hemantha Kumar, said that the new department would come into effect from the next academic year. The University Syndicate had approved the proposal in August this year.
6) D) Madhya Pradesh
- In Madhya Pradesh, Union Minister for food processing Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated Avantee mega Food Park in Dewas. This first food park of central India is spread over 51 acres and has been constructed at a cost of about 150 crore rupees. About 5 thousand local people will get employment from this Mega Food Park. Minister of State for Food Processing Industries Rameshwar Teli was also present on the inaugural ceremony.
7) B) Theni
- The India based Neutrino Observatory is being planned in the Theni district in Tamil Nadu.There has been opposition from some sections of the local populace. INO has been conducting outreach programmes in & around Madurai and Theni for students in schools & colleges, for faculty as well as journalists and media professionals. A large outreach program took place during May-August 2018 covering other towns in Tamil Nadu and a few in Kerala.
8) A) Uttarkhand
- Union Minister for Jal Shakti Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat inaugurated a Sewage Treatment Plant in Haridwar district of Uttarakhand in the presence of Sweden’s King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia.The Swedish King said that Ganga is an important river in India. He said that the Central Government is doing good work in the direction of clean rivers.
9) C) Pune
- A three-day national conference of Director General and Inspector General of Police begins in Pune.Home Minister Amit Shah will address the inaugural session of the conference. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the valedictory session of the conference.It will be held in the campus of the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research in the Pashan area of the city.The theme of the conference is scientific and forensics-based investigation apart from technology-enabled policing.
10) D) 5
- ISRO has set up 5 Space Technology Cells (STCs) at premier institutions like Indian Institute of Technologies (IITs) – Bombay, Kanpur, Kharagpur & Madras; Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru and Joint Research Programme with Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU, Pune) to carry out research activities in the areas of space technology and applications. ISRO desires development of high end technology in collaboration with IITs in the areas of Space Science, Space Technology and Space Applications.
11) B) India
- Exercise INDRA 2019 a joint, tri services exercise between India and Russia will be conducted in India from 10 — 19 December 2019 simultaneously at Babina (near Jhansi), Pune, and Goa. The INDRA series of exercise began in 2003 and the First joint Tri Services Exercise was conducted in 2017, It will be a historic occasion for two of the world’s greatest Armed Forces to join hands and successfully conduct an exercise of this magnitude with professionalism, to imbibe the best practices from each other, jointly evolve and drills to defeat the scourge of terror under the United Nation mandate.
12) B) Hyderabad
- India will take on West Indies in the first T20 international at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad. India are scheduled to play three T20Is and as many ODIs against West Indies in a month-long tour for the visitors.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|