Current Affairs Quiz – December 01 & 02, 2019
Here we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs Quiz 2019. This Current Affairs Quiz will be useful to the candidates preparing for competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPSC, etc. It is very essential for the candidates to know about the Current Affairs for the UPSC, SSC, RRB & All state PSC’s Exams. Daily Current Affairs Quiz will help you to gain knowledge in the Current Affairs Section which aids you to get good scores in competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB and other state PSCs. In this page we have also given the Current Affairs Quiz Monthly Pdf. On this page you can study the Examsdaily’s Daily Current Affairs Quiz December 01 & 02 , 2019 with answers & explanations.
- World AIDS Day is observed on which date?
- December 02
- December 05
- December 03
- December 01
- International Day for Abolition of Slavery is observed on which date?
- December 05
- December 02
- December 03
- December 01
- Which country’s 48th National Day is celebrated on 02 Dec 2019?
- United Arab Emirates
- How many number of hospitals empanelled under Ayushman Bharat on Nov 25, 2019?
- Where was Guadalajara International Book Fair 2019 held?
- Which minister said that the government is making all efforts to completely eradicate HIV AIDS in the country before 2030?
- Harsh Vardhan
- Narendra Singh Tomar
- Ramesh Pokhriyal
- Prakash Javadekar
- Where was the Multi-Media Exhibition commemorating the 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi held?
- In which state, No fee charged by ‘sewa kendras’ from devotees applying online to visit Kartarpur Sahib?
- Which country became first to make the entire process for pilgrims going on Haj completely digital?
- Which country hosts the UN Climate Change Conference (COP 25)?
- Which Version of IMI launched across the country in Dec 2019?
- IMI 2.0
- IMI 3.0
- IMI 4.0
- IMI 5.0
- India and which country signed an agreement for Annual Hajj 2020?
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
- Who is appointed as the new Controller General of Accounts?
- JPS Chawla
- Suman Roy Burman
- Harpreet Singh
- Jawahar Thakur
- Gunpreet Singh is related to which sports?
- Martial Arts
- Where was BCCI’s 88th Annual General Meeting held?
- Where was Syed Modi International 2019 took place?
ANSWERS AND EXPLANATION
1) D) December 01
- World AIDS Day, designated on 1 December every year since 1988, is an international day dedicated to raising awareness of the AIDS pandemic caused by the spread of HIV infection and mourning those who have died of the disease. Government and health officials, non-governmental organizations, and individuals around the world observe the day, often with education on AIDS prevention and control.
2) C) December 02
- The International Day for the Abolition of Slavery is a yearly event on December 2, organized by the United Nations General Assembly. The Day was first celebrated in 1986.
3) A) United Arab Emirates
- The 48th National Day Celebrations of the United Arab Emirates will be held under the patronage of Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE at the Zayed Sports City Stadium in Abu Dhabi.The Organising Committee of the Official UAE National Day confirmed that the preparations for the celebration have been completed. The celebration will be centred around a spectacular theatrical production titled “Legacy of Our Ancestors”. The show will be staged on a grand scale with more than 5,000 experts from 70 countries coming together to shape this production.
4) B) 19,668
- A total of 19,668 hospitals in the country have been empanelled under Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana on 25th of November this year.They included over nine thousand hospitals in the private sector. This information was given in a written reply in the Lok Sabha by Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, Ashwini Kumar Choubey. Gujarat topped the list with 2856 empanelled hospitals followed by Karnataka with 2849 and Uttar Pradesh with 2312 hospitals.
5) D) Mexico
- Minister of State for Human Resource Development Sanjay Dhotre inaugurated the India Pavilion at International Book Fair in Guadaljara, Mexico.This fair is the biggest book fair in the Spanish-speaking world. India is the ‘Guest of Honour Country’ in this book fair and it becomes the first Asian country to participate as ‘Guest of Honour’ in the Fair. He invited all the publishers gathered from across the world to the World Book Fair being organised by National Book Trust in New Delhi, during January 2020.
6) A) Mr. Harsh Vardhan
- Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan has said the government is making all out efforts to completely eradicate HIV AIDS in the country before 2030.He said, India has successfully eliminated polio well before the target eight years-ago. The Minister was speaking at a function to observe the World HIV AIDS day in New Delhi. He also said, attempts should be made to make the country free from TB before 2025.
7) C) Nagaland
- For the first time in the history of Hornbill festival, Bureau of Outreach & Communication, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting is organising a Multi Media Exhibition commemorating the 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.Nagaland Chief Minister, Neiphiu Rio officially inaugurated the Multi Media Exhibition at World War II museum, Kisama in Nagaland.
8) B) Punjab
- Punjab CM Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh made it clear that devotees applying online to visit Kartarpur Sahib in Pakistan were not being charged facilitation fee by ‘sewa kendras’ set up by the state government. In a statement he said, anyone asked to pay any fee should inform his office directly. He asserted the application process was totally free of cost.
9) A) India
- India has become the first country to make the entire process for pilgrims going on Haj completely digital. Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said this after signing the bilateral agreement for next year’s pilgrimage with the Saudi Haj Minister in Jeddah. An online application, e-visa, Haj mobile app, ‘e-MASIHA’ health facility, “e-luggage pre-tagging” providing all information in India itself regarding accommodation and transportation in Mecca and Madina will be provided to 2 lakh Indian Muslims going for Haj in 2020.
10) C) Spain
- UN Climate Change Conference, known as COP25 gets underway in the Spanish capital, Madrid, under the Presidency of Chile from 2-13 December 2019.COP 25 is an important conference as countries prepare to move from pre-2020 period under Kyoto Protocol to post-2020 period under Paris Agreement. India’s approach will be guided by principles and provisions of UNFCCC and Paris Agreement particularly the principles of Equity and Common But Differentiated Responsibilities and Respective Capability (CBDR-RC).
11) A) IMI 2.0
- Centre will launch the Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 2.0 across the country. The government’s flagship scheme is aimed at immunizing children under the age of 2 years and pregnant women against eight vaccine preventable diseases.
12) D) Saudi Arabia
- Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi signed the bilateral annual Haj 2020 agreement between India and Saudi Arabia with Haj and Umrah Minister of Saudi Arabia Mohammad Saleh bin Taher Benten. He said, for the first time facilities were provided for digital pre-tagging of pilgrims’ baggage.
13) B) Suman Roy Burman
- Soma Roy Burman took charge as the new Controller General of Accounts, CGA.She is the 24th CGA and the seventh woman to hold this coveted position. She took over from J P S Chawla.
14) D) Wrestling
- In wrestling, Asian Championships silver medallists Gurpreet Singh and Sunil Kumar clinched gold medals on the final day of the senior national championships in Jalandhar.Gurpreet defeated two-time world junior championships medallist Sajan Bhanwal, who was representing the Railways, by a 3-1 margin, in the 77 kilogram category. This was Punjab grappler’s fourth senior national title.
15) B) Mumbai
- The Board’s 88th Annual General Meeting held in Mumbai. As per the current constitution, an office-bearer who has served two three-year terms, either at the BCCI or at the state association, goes into a compulsory three-year cooling-off period.
16) C) Lucknow
- Indian shuttler Sourabh Verma’s impressive run at the Syed Modi International tournament came to an end after he lost in straight games to Chinese Taipei’s Wang Tzu Wei in the men’s singles final in Lucknow.
|To Subscribe Youtube Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|