Current Affairs One liner – January 2,2018
- Union defense minister Nirmala Sitaraman Cleared two Proposals to procure barrack missiles from Israel and precision guided Bombs for the Indian Air Force from Russia.
- 171st Araadhanai Music Festival started in Thiruvaiyaru,Tamil Nadu.
- Pudhuchery Government Launched a special Police force to state Guard tourists.
- UNESCO has entered the “Bird language” of black sea villagers in northern turkey in the list of intangible cultural heritage.
- As Para Report by HSBC, India economy is expected to grow at 6.5 percent in this fiscal (FY-2017-18) while in FY 2018-19 it will register 7.0 percent growth.
- Rajiv kumar, Secretary of financial service has stated that form Jan1,2018 customers will not have to pay any transaction charges for Payment made through debitcard, BHIMAPP and Aadhar enabled Payemnt system (AEPS) up to Rs2000.
- The Karnataka International travel Expo (KITE) considered largest B2B Travel event in India will be held in Bangalore in February.
- GAIL India ltd announced that it has commissioned India’s second largest rooftop solar power plant in Uttar Pardesh.
- Mohammed Salah, Liverpool and Egypt striker was named Arab Football Player of the Year 2017
- Devika shah has taken charge as the MD & CEO of Indian clearing corporation ltd (ICCL)
- Vijay Keshav Gokhale has been named as India’s next Foreign Secretary
- SoumeyloubBOubeye Maiga was appointed as the new Prime minister of Mali G.Sathiyan has become India’s highest ranked Player in the International Table tennis federation Rankings. He is the 49th Position at the word level.