Current Affairs One liner – January 9 ,2018
- Bihar has imposed a ban on manufacture, distribution sale, Purchase, display advertisement of electronic cigarettes (e- cigarettes).
- Manikidia, a Tribe of Odisha was denied habitat rights inside the simliphal Tiger Reserve (STR) in Odisha.
- Turkish government announced plans to extend the ongoing state of emergency for the sixth time.
- Punjab national bank and national scheduled castes finance and Development Corporation have signed MOU for financial assistance to scheduled caste families living below Double Poverty Line (DPL).
- S.Puram Police station, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu has been selected as the best police stations in India in SMART police stations initiative of Union ministry of home Affairs.
- French Government will Present the “Legion of honour” award to actor Soumitra Chatterjee at the 42nd International Kolkata Book fair.
- Matunga suburban station of Mumbai on the central Railway (CR) appeared in the limca book of records for comprising all women staff.
- Dilip Asbe has been appointed as Managing director and CEO of national Payment corporation of India (NPCI)
- AR Rahman has been made the brand ambassador of Sikkim
- Union minister of Science harsh Vardhan Inagurated “Pratyush” India’s fastest multi-Peta flops super computer and established in Indian Institute of Tropical meteorology (IITM), Pune.
- Aditya Mehta won the Kolkata open 2018 International Invitation snooker Championship in Kolkata Pravasi Bharatiya Divas-Jan9, ASEAN –Indian Pravasi Bhartiya divas celebrated in Singapore.