Daily Current Affairs – November 15, 2018
November 15 – World Philosophy Day
- World Philosophy Day was proclaimed by UNESCO to be celebrated every 3rd Thursday of November. It was first celebrated on 21 November 2002. UNESCO underlines the enduring value of philosophy for the development of human thought, for each culture and for each individual.
North East Circuits under Swadesh Darshan Scheme
- Two important North East Circuits under Swadesh Darshan Scheme of Central Tourism Ministry inaugurated in Arunachal Pradesh.
Second Mega Food Park
- Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Smt Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated the second Mega Food Park in Maharashtra Aurangabad district.
Open Defecation Free (ODF) status
- Rural Jharkhand declared ODF, West Bengal commits to become ODF by December 2018. West Bengal currently has rural sanitation coverage of 97% and is on track to becoming ODF much before the national target of October 2019.
- Indian Coast Guard (ICG) initiated a large-scale series of pre-emptive and proactive measures to prevent loss of fishermen lives at sea in the wake of alerts on cyclone in Bay of Bengal since November 09, 2018.
Ice age crater discovered beneath Greenland glacier
- Buried beneath a kilometre of snow and ice in northern Greenland, scientists have uncovered an asteroid impact crater, bigger than the area of Paris.
- This is the first time that a crater of any size has been found under one of Earth’s continental ice sheets, said researchers from the University of Copenhagen in Denmark.
‘Super-Earth’ found orbiting Sun’s nearest single star
- Astronomers have discovered a frozen planet with a mass over three times that of the Earth, orbiting the closest solitary star to the Sun.
- The potentially rocky planet, known as Barnard’s star b, is a ‘super-Earth’ and orbits around its host star once every 233 days, said researchers from Queen Mary University of London.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
MSME Pavilion at India International Trade Fair
- Union Minister of State (I/C) for MSME, Giriraj Singh, inaugurated the MSME pavilion at the 38th India International Trade Fair (IITF) in New Delhi.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
Inaugural session of the General Assembly of Network for Development of Agricultural Cooperatives
- The inaugural session of the General Assembly of Network for Development of Agricultural Cooperatives in Asia and the Pacific(NEDAC) held in New Delhi.
- NEDAC is a unique organization encompassing mix of Government and non Government organizations created by FAO for synergizing policies and programmes of government and cooperative institutions at country level.
Seminar on ‘International Standards and the Fourth Industrial Revolution’
- Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Shri Ram Vilas Paswan inaugurates seminar on ‘International Standards and the Fourth Industrial Revolution’ organised by Bureau of Indian Standards to celebrate World Standards Day 2018.
India- Taiwan SME Development Forum beings in Taipei
- Secretary MSME,Dr.Arun Kumar Panda, led the Indian Delegation in the India- Taiwan SME Development Forum being held at Taipei, Taiwan from 13th to 17th November, 2018.
4th International Congress on Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine
- Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurates 4th International Congress on Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine.
- Union Minister for Minority Affairs Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi formally inaugurated “Hunar Haat” at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi. It has become a “Credible Brand” for empowerment of artisans and craftsmen.
- This “Hunar Haat” is being organised from 14th November to 27th November, 2018 at IITF, Pragati Maidan.
- “Aadi Mahotsav” a National Tribal Festival is being organized in New Delhi by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and TRIFED to celebrate, cherish and promote the spirit of tribal craft, culture, cuisine and commerce from 16th to 30th November, 2018.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
“Online Course on Digital Payments”
- Government and Industry come together at a Workshop on Online Course on Digital Payments launched by NITI Aayog in collaboration with DoT and ITU.
Refit of Maldivian Coast Guard Ship Huravee
- Maldivian Coast Guard Ship (MCGS) Huravee successfully completed her refit at Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam and the ship was formally handed over to Maldives.