Daily Current Affairs – March 19, 2019
DMK, AIADMK release election manifestos
- DMK president M K Stalin released the party’s election manifesto in Chennai. AIADMK coordinator O Panneerselvam also released the party manifesto.
Polling hours extended in Madurai Lok Sabha constituency
- In Madurai Lok Sabha constituency, polling hours are being extended by an additional two hours. Tamil Nadu Chief Electoral Officer Satyabrata Sahoo gave the information in Chennai. The decision comes following a demand in view of popular Kallazhagar festival in the city, in which lakhs of people converge every year.
China terms Mumbai terror attacks as most notorious
- China has described the 2008 Mumbai attacks carried out by Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terror outfit as one of the most notorious terrorist attacks.
Cyclone Idai affects over 1.5 million people in three southern African countries
- Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Malawi have been hit by a vicious cyclone that has killed nearly 150 people, left hundreds more missing and stranded tens of thousands.
- According to the UN and government officials, Cyclone Idai has affected more than 1.5 million people in the three southern African countries.
UN patent data show Asia innovation surge
- United Nations said that more than half of all international patent applications filed last year came from Asia, a further sign of innovation shifting from west to east.
- US remained the leading individual country for applications in 2018.
- India registered the largest innovation jump of any country last year. Patent applications jumped more than 27 per cent from 1,583 in 2017 up to 2,013.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
GST council approves transition plan for new GST rates on residential properties
- GST council approved a transition plan for new goods and services tax rates on residential properties under which developers of under-construction buildings may either opt to shift to the revised lower rates without input tax credit or stick to the previous rates.
RANKINGS & INDEXES
BWF badminton rankings
- 1) Tai Tzu Ying 6) P V Sindhu 9) Saina Nehwal 94) Riya Mookerjee
- 1) Kento Momota 7) Kidambi Srikanth 14) Sameer Verma 19) B Sai Praneeth
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
14th CII-EXIM Bank Conclave on India-Africa Project Partnerships
- The 14th CII-EXIM Bank Conclave on India-Africa Project Partnerships concluded in New Delhi. The three-day conclave was organised by the Ministry of Commerce in association with Confederation of Indian Industry and EXIM Bank of India.
Steel Ministry organizes Vigilance Conclave
- Ministry of Steel organized a two-day Vigilance Conclave in New Delhi which concluded. The Conclave was aimed at sensitizing the officials of Steel PSUs on the basic principles and procedures to be followed while taking important administrative and commercial decisions relating to various functions including procurements, contracts, personnel and finance.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
MoU between IBBI and SEBI
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) aims to promote entrepreneurship and debt market.
- Pramod Sawant – Takes charge as new Goa CM
- Special Expenditure Observers for Maharashtra – Shailendra Handa
- Special Expenditure Observers for Tamil Nadu – Madhu Mahajan
- Indonesian Naval Ship and Maritime Patrol Aircraft arrived at Port Blair, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, India for the Opening Ceremony of the 33rd edition of the India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (IND-INDO CORPAT) to be held from 19 Mar to 04 Apr 2019.
Exercise MITRA SHAKTI
- Exercise MITRA SHAKTI is conducted annually as part of military diplomacy and interaction between armies of India & Sri Lanka. The joint exercise for the year 2018-19 will be conducted from 26 March to 08 April 2019 in Sri Lanka.
Afghanistan record maiden Test win, beat Ireland by 7 wickets
- Afghanistan’s cricket team recorded its maiden Test win, beating Ireland by seven wickets in a one-off game at Dehradun in Uttarakhand.
Special Olympics World Games
- India has so far won a total of 188 medals at the Special Olympics World Games in Abu Dhabi. The medals include 50 gold, 63 silver and 75 bronze medals.
Deal signed to host T10 league for five years in Abu Dhabi
- The Zayed Cricket Stadium in Abu Dhabi will be the new home of T10 cricket for the next five years, starting with the 2019 season.
ISSF Shotgun World Cup
- In shooting, India’s Prithviraj Tondaiman shot two perfect rounds of 25, to stay on course for the men’s trap finals at the ISSF Shotgun World Cup being held at Acapulco, Mexico.
PCB pays over Rs 11 cr as compensation to BCCI
- The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has paid 1.6 million US dollars, equivalent to over eleven crores in Indian currency, to the Board of Control for Cricket (BCCI) as compensation after losing a case in the ICC’s Dispute Resolution Committee.
To Follow Channel –Click Here
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here