Daily Current Affairs – March 15 2019
March 15 – World Sleep Day
- Created and hosted by World Sleep Society, World Sleep Day is an internationally recognized awareness event bringing researchers, health professionals and patients together to recognize sleep and its important impact on our health.
- World Sleep Day 2019 will incorporate the slogan, ‘Healthy Sleep, Healthy Aging,’ intended to emphasize the importance of sleep in overall health at any age.
‘Vishnu Nivasam’ gets ISO certification
- The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has certified the ‘Vishnu Nivasam’, the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams’ (TTD) rest house and pilgrim accommodation complex here. This institution is the first TTD-run facility to be given the certificate.
Supreme Court revokes life ban on Sreesanth in spot-fixing case
- The Supreme Court revoked the life ban on former Indian cricketer S. Sreesanth in a case of spot-fixing and asked the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to re-examine its quantum of punishment.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Gandhinagar, Gujarat today (March 15, 2019). He also presented the 10th Biennial National Grassroots Innovation Awards.
- R. Kumar – New Chairman of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
Bilateral Agreement between India and the USA
- Bilateral Agreement for Exchange of Country-by-Country (CbC) Reports between India and the USA signed.
Australia to embark on its largest ever defence engagement with Sri Lanka
- Australia will embark on its largest ever defence engagement with Sri Lanka next week as part of the Indo-Pacific Endeavour 2019. More than 1,000 defence personnel will be involved in the exercise comprising of Australian Naval, Army and Air force and their assets.
Dipa Karmakar qualifies for vault finals in Artistic Gymnastics World Cup
- Dipa Karmakar has made it to the Vault Finals after finishing third in the qualifying round of the Artistic Gymnastics World Cup at Baku in Azerbaijan.
Ajit Agarkar and others resign as Mumbai selectors
- Hours before the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) ad-hoc committee was to discuss the fate of the senior selection panel, all four members of the selection committee have submitted their resignation.
2019 January Current Affairs Monthly Capsule
To Download 2019 Current Affairs January Quiz
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs
To Download 2018 Current Affairs Quiz PDF
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here