Current Affairs – June 30 2018
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs Click Here
Third port on the Kakinada coast
- Decks have been cleared for construction of a third port on the Kakinada coast. The proposed port will become the gateway to the East Coast of India as it is located at one of the strategic nodes of the Visakhapatnam-Chennai industrial corridor.
Victorian Gothic and Art Deco Ensemble of Mumbai
- India has been successful in securing the inscription of the “Victorian Gothic and Art Deco Ensembles of Mumbai” on UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
- Mumbai city the second city in India after Ahmedabad to be inscribed on the World Heritage List. India now has overall 37 World Heritage Inscriptions with 29 Cultural, 07 Natural and 01 Mixed sites.
Mother’s milk bank benefits 20,000 infants
- Aanchal, the mother’s milk bank established in 18 district government hospitals of Rajasthan, has benefited about 20,000 infants and helped improve their nutrition levels.
- Rajasthan is the first State in the country to establish a government-run community milk banking system.
Institute of Hospitality Management
- The Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism Shri. K.J. Alphons inaugurated the Institute of Hospitality Management in Jodhpur.
State’s maternal mortality rate drops to 62
- According to Health Management Information System data, the Maternal Mortality Rate (MMR) of the Tamilnadu state is 62.
Malanad-Malabar river cruise launched
- Malanad-Malabar river cruise project connecting rivers in North Malabar is the largest ever tourism project in northern Kerala. It would conserve and utilise heritage and art and cultural traditions along the banks of the rivers.
First Sikh newsreader in Pakistan
- Harmeet Singh, Pakistan’s 1st Sikh News Anchor hired as an anchor by a Public news channel in Pakistan.
Sri Lanka to move naval unit
- The Sri Lanka Navy is moving its Southern Command to Hambantota.
Kroger road test Nuro’s driverless van
- First real-world road test of an unmanned delivery vehicle Nuro’s “R1” van, as the largest U.S. supermarket operator battles Amazon.
- Researchers at the University of Hyderabad have found that harpin biopesticide brought about 80-90% reduction in severity of fungal infection in tomato plants when it is encapsulated in chitosan nanoparticles.
Muhammodayam – a model in wetland conservation
- The project, titled ‘Muhammodayam’, is aimed at the conservation of the Vembanad Lake ecosystem by developing sustainable livelihoods and management of natural resources.
- The Muhamma grama panchayat has launched a unique programme to make it a model wetland panchayat.
- António Manuel de Carvalho Ferreira Vitorino – New Director General of UN Migration Agency
APP & WEBPORTAL
- Ministry of Rural Development this week launched the DISHA dashboard, a nifty tool that will make it easier to monitor governance by geography in real time.
Kabaddi Masters Dubai 2018
- India defeated Iran 44-26 in the finals to emerge as the Kabaddi Masters Dubai 2018 champion.
Champions Trophy hockey: India qualify for final
- India beat Netherlands to enter their second consecutive final of the Champions Trophy hockey tournament in Netherland.
To Download Pocket Current Affairs Click Here