Current Affairs – June 22, 2018
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs Click Here
Prime Minister lays foundation stone of Vanijya Bhawan
- Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, laid the foundation stone for Vanijya Bhawan, a new office complex of the Department of Commerce in New Delhi.
Ambubachi Mela at Assam’s Kamakhya Temple
- Guwahati, the capital city of Assam is gearing up for the four-day long Ambubachi Mela at Kamakhya Temple, which will begin on June 22. The Ambubachi Mela symbolises the fertility cult of goddess Kamakhya.
CM flags off six-coach Metro train
- The new six-coach Namma Metro train was flagged off by Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy in Bengaluru.
Vertical gardens to come up in congested Chennai neighbourhoods
- The Chennai Corporation is set to develop vertical gardens in congested neighbourhoods, utilising existing civic infrastructure for increasing greenery.
- The Bridges department of the civic body will develop the first vertical garden around piers of the bridge on G.N. Chetty Road in T.Nagar.
State’s first citizen info centre opened in Alappuzha
- The State’s first citizen information centre has started functioning at Muthukulam.
- It will provide services such as e-literacy training to the elderly, online submission of applications, various examination results, village internet cafes, e-ticketing, e-governance applications, DTP, basic computer education, and e-library.
Zoomcar offers last mile connectivity for metro users
- Zoomcar, India’s largest shared mobility platform has introduced 25 Mahindra e2oPlus cars at Miyapur metro station for daily metro commuters.
Swami Vivekananda Cultural Centre at Dushanbe
- Shri Gadkari was addressing the Indian Community at the inauguration of the Swami Vivekananda Cultural Centre at the Indian Embassy in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
China to build railway connecting Tibet with Nepal
- China will build a railway connecting the western region of Tibet with Nepal, one of several bilateral deals signed during Nepali Prime Minister Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli’s visit to Beijing.
- The link will connect the Tibetan city of Xigaze with Nepal’s capital Kathmandu.
EU slaps retaliatory tariffs on U.S. products
- The European Union (EU) slapped revenge tariffs on iconic U.S. products, including bourbon, jeans and motorcycles in its opening salvo in a trade war with U.S. President Donald Trump.
U.S. stepping up the earth’s protection from asteroids
- The U.S. government is stepping up efforts to protect the planet from incoming asteroids that could wipe out entire regions or even continents.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
India notifies higher tariffs on U.S. imports
- India has notified higher tariffs on several items imported from the United States, including agricultural products, Rates to come into effect from August 4.
Capital Float unveils app-based solution
- Digital lender Capital Float unveiled its app-based consumer finance solution. It said by using this paperless product, partners can offer “Capital Float’s instant, no-cost EMI option” to consumers at the point of sale.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
3rd AIIB annual meet
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the third annual meeting of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank on June 26 in Mumbai, which will discuss ways to expand infrastructure investment in the region.
- 2018 Theme – ‘Mobilizing Finance for Infrastructure: Innovation and Collaboration’
Campaign to promote energy efficiency in the area of air-conditioning
- Power Minister Shri RK Singh launches campaign to promote energy efficiency in the area of air-conditioning. It will save energy and reduce greenhouse gases.
Workshop on End of Pipe Treatment of Waste Water
- A workshop on “End of Pipe Treatment of Waste Water Entering River Yamuna and Ghaggar” was organised by Public Health Engineering Department, Haryana.
India, U.S. 2+2 Dialogue on July 6
- The inaugural U.S.-India 2+2 Dialogue will take place on July 6 will focus on strengthening strategic, security, and defense cooperation as the United States and India jointly confront global challenges.
Centre of Excellence in Maritime & Shipbuilding (CEMS)
- The Centre of Excellence in Maritime & Shipbuilding (CEMS), a well-funded start-up in skill development for maritime and shipbuilding sector, has announced setting up of 24 labs -6 in Mumbai and 18 in Vizag campus.
- This is First-of-Its-Kind Infrastructure in Asia Pacific Region.
- Kidambi Srikanth – Sportsperson Of The Year award for 2017 by the Sports Illustrated India magazine
- SKOCH Award – Ministry of Women & Child Development receives the ‘Best Performing Social Sector Ministry’
- India beat Pakistan in their opening match of the Kabaddi Masters Dubai.
Hero Women’s Professional Golf Tour
- Ridhima Dilawari won the Hero Women’s Professional Golf Tour.
To Download Pocket Current Affairs Click Here