Current Affairs – June 13, 2018
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs Click Here
Munoth Industries to set up lithium-ion cell plant
- Chennai-based Munoth Industries announced setting up of a Lithium-ion cell manufacturing plant, said to be the first in India, at an investment of Rs.799 crore in Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
Jammu & Kashmir
Two women battalions of Jammu and Kashmir Police to be raised
- To enhance the representation of women in the State Police, the Union Ministry of Home Affairs has approved raising two women Battalions for Jammu and Kashmir Police. One battalion each would be raised for Jammu region and Kashmir region.
‘Water Literacy’ campaign
- Kerala State Literacy Mission Authority has initiated a ‘water literacy’ campaign with the involvement of 70,000 students aiming to create awareness about the importance of water conservation in the State.
India, Kazakhstan to enhance military-industrial cooperation
- India and Kazakhstan have agreed to further develop bilateral cooperation in the military-industrial sphere.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Odisha can produce 100 million tonnes of steel
- India has become the second largest steel producing country.
- In the financial year 2017-18, India produced more than 100 million tonnes of steel.
- Odisha is a major steel producing State contributing more than half of steel production in the country.
‘Tri-Party Repo Market’
- Leading stock exchange NSE launched ‘Tri-Party Repo Market’ platform in its debt segment to facilitate repurchase (repo) of corporate debt securities.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
Agreement between India and Peru
- The agreement aims to establish the basis for a cooperative institutional relationship to encourage and promote technical bilateral cooperation on new and renewable issues on the basis of mutual benefit equality and reciprocity.
MoU between India and Vietnam
- Cabinet approves MoU between India and Vietnam on Joint issue of postage stamp between Department of Posts and Vietnam Post.
- Commemorative Postage Stamps on India-Vietnam: Joint Issue depicts Sanchi Stupa of India and Pho Minh Pagoda of Vietnam
Repositioning of North Eastern Council
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Modi has approved the proposal of Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) for the nomination of the Union Home Minister as ex-officio Chairman of North Eastern Council (NEC), a statutory body with Governors and Chief Ministers of all the eight North Eastern States as its Member.
MoU between the ICMR and INSERM, France
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Modi has been apprised of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) which was signed in March, 2018 between the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the Institut National de la Santeet de la RechercheMedicale (INSERM), France.
- The MoU aims at cooperation in areas of common interest within the medical, life sciences and health research fields.
Proposal for enactment of Dam Safety Bill, 2018
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Modi has approved the proposal for introduction of Dam Safety Bill, 2018 in the Parliament.
- It will help all the States and Union Territories of India to adopt uniform dam safety procedures which shall ensure safety of dams and safeguard benefits from such dams. This shall also help in safeguarding human life, livestock and property.
‘Three Year Action Plan of Agricultural Education Division & ICAR Institutes
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Modi has approved the continuation of the Three Year Action Plan (2017-2020) of the scheme for Agricultural Education Division and ICAR Institutes for strengthening and developing higher agricultural education in India.
- The scheme is aimed to generate quality human resources from the institutions of higher agricultural education.
An Integrated Sewerage Infrastructure
- An Integrated Sewerage Infrastructure with one city one operator concept adopted for the first time in India.
- Concession Agreement Signed for development of sewage infrastructure through Hybrid Annuity based public-private partnership in Mathura.
- Promoting Waste-To-Wealth approach in sewage sector, agreement signed with IOCL for the reuse of 2 Crore litres of treated waste water for Mathura refinery.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
Conference on implementation of National Pension Systems
- A Conference on Implementation of National Pension System (NPS) by the Central Autonomous Bodies (CABs) was organized by Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) in the national capital.
10th Meeting of Global Alliance to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis
- Shri J P Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare inaugurated the 10th meeting of Global Alliance to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis (GAELF).
- Releases Accelerated Plan for Elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis (LF) 2018 for India.
Inaugurates BEL representative office in Vietnam
- Raksha Mantri, Smt Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the first Representative Office of Navratna Defence PSU Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Flood preparedness exercise in Uttar Pradesh
- The National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA)) conducted a table-top exercise at the State Emergency Operation Centre (SEOC) in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- The exercise is being held in collaboration with State Disaster Management Authority (SDMA).
India-US security cooperation
- The Trump administration has approved a deal to sell six AH-64E Apache attack helicopters to India for USD 930 million, the Pentagon underlining that this will strengthen India’s ability to defend its homeland and deter regional threats.
Solar Charkha Mission
- The Solar Charkha Mission of the Ministry of Micro Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) will be launched by the President, Ram Nath Kovind on June 27, 2018 in New Delhi. The Mission will cover 50 clusters and every cluster will employ 400 to 2000 artisans.
RANKINGS & INDEXES
Composite Water Management Index
- NITI Aayog has come up with the Composite Water Management Index as a useful tool to assess and improve the performance in efficient management of water resources.
- Francisco D’Souza – Vice-chairman of Cognizant board
- Rana Kapoor – CEO of Yes Bank
- Inder Jit Singh – Coal secretary
APP & WEBPORTAL
- The Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) has developed a mobile based application ‘utsonmobile’ for Cashless Ticketing.
Fifa 2026 World Cup
- Fifa confirm America, Mexico, Canada will host the 2026 World Cup.
Russian boxing tournament
- Saweety Boora, Indian boxer to clinch a gold in the Umakhanov Memorial Tournament in Kaspiysk, Russia.
To Download Pocket Current Affairs Click Here