Current Affairs – June 1, 2018
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs Click Here
June 1 – World Milk Day
- This day was founded by the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO), which celebrates the important contributions of the dairy sector to sustainability, economic development, livelihoods and nutrition.
- India is the largest producer of milk. It also celebrates National Milk Day on November 26th. This day marks the birth anniversary of Verghese Kurien, the Father of White Revolution in India.
- 2018 theme in India – “Drink Move Be Strong”.
Real-time water quality monitoring
- The government gave administrative sanction for the establishment of real-time online monitoring system of water quality parameters in 874 habitations in Krishna.
Deccan Queen completes 88 years of service
- The introduction of “Deccan Queen” between the two premier cities of Maharashtra on 1st June 1930 was a major landmark in the history of the Great Indian Peninsula Railway, the forerunner of the Indian Railways.
- This was the first deluxe train introduced on the railway to serve two important cities of the region and was aptly named after Pune, which is also known as “Queen of Deccan” (“Dakkhan ki Rani”).
Sakhi Suraksha Advanced DNA Forensic Laboratory
- Foundation laid for India’s First Advanced Forensic Lab in Chandigarh dedicated to women related cases.
- 5 more advanced forensic labs would come up in Mumbai, Chennai, Guwahati, Pune and Bhopal in the next 3 months.
Boost to sweet potato production
- India is joining hands with other sweet potato-producing countries in Asia and Africa in an intercontinental initiative to augment production of the root crop for food and nutritional security.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
HCL Technologies signs collaboration agreement with JDA Software
- The fourth largest Indian software services firm HCL will join hands with JDA on development, product support, and go-to-market (GTM) initiatives for JDA’s commerce, SofTechnics, and pricing and revenue management solutions.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) in Nursing with Singapore
- India has signed the Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) in Nursing with Singapore. This is the first MRA being signed by India with any of our FTA partners.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
Thematic knowledge conference on “Plastic Pollution and Management”
- A thematic knowledge conference on “Plastic Pollution and Management” was organized at “Vigyan Bhawan” to mark the beginning of 5-day long celebration of World Environment Day, 2018 (WED-2018).
Digital Literacy Program
- Facebook has entered a partnership with National Commission for Women (NCW) partner to launch digital literacy mission for women in India.
- This programme will run in collaboration with the Cyber Peace Foundation, and attempts to conduct training across local languages to ensure safe use of the internet.
- Ministry of Culture, Government of India has introduced a new scheme namely ‘SevaBhojYojna’ seeks to reimburse Central Share of CGST and IGST on items for Food/Prasad/Langar/Bhandara offered free of cost by Charitable Religious Institutions.
New Benami Transactions Informants Reward Scheme, 2018
- With the objective of obtaining people’s participation in the Income Tax Department’s efforts to unearth black money and to reduce tax evasion, a new reward scheme titled “Benami Transactions Informants Reward Scheme, 2018”, has been issued by the Income Tax Department.
Revised Income Tax Informants Reward Scheme, 2018
- To unearth black money and reduce tax evasion, a new reward scheme titled “Income Tax Informants Reward Scheme, 2018” has been issued by the Income Tax Department, superseding the earlier reward scheme issued in 2007.
RANKINGS & INDEXES
Save the Children’s “End of Childhood Index 2018”
- India – 113th/175
- Singapore and Slovenia are placed at the top sharing the first place in the index and Niger figures at the end of the list at 175.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)
- Hero to Animals Award – Singer Zubeen Garg
- For his recent appeal to end animal sacrifice at the Kamakhya Temple in Assam.
91st edition of the Scripps National Spelling Bee, U.S
- Karthik – S. spelling bee -14th consecutive Indian-American champion
Vice Chief of the Army Staff – Lt Gen Devraj Anbu
APP & WEBPORTAL
Online Analytical Tool to monitor foreign contributions under FCRA
- Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh launched an Online Analytical Tool to facilitate closer monitoring of the flow and utilisation of foreign contributions received by various organisations registered or permitted under the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010.
- Cube Wealth, India’s first “one app, one minute” service that offers members wealth creation, automated savings, and expense management through an award-winning user-interface was launched in India.
Hero Intercontinental Cup
- India beat Chinese Taipei in the Hero Intercontinental Cup football tournament opener.
To Download Pocket Current Affairs Click Here