Daily Current Affairs – July 9 2018
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs Click Here
Foundation stone of Central Institute of Plastics Engineering &Technology
- Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers and Parliamentary Affairs, Shri Ananthkumar will be inaugurating the CIPET: Centre for Skilling & Technical Support (CSTS) at ITI Building and laying the foundation stone of new Central Institute of Plastics Engineering &Technology (CIPET) Building at Doiwala, Dehradun
Double Stack Dwarf Container Service introduced by Indian Railways
- Indian Railways Introduces First Double Stack Dwarf Container Service in order to capture the lost traffic through new delivery model for domestic cargo from Rajkot Division, Western Railway.
India Tourism Mart
- The Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism, Shri. K. J. Alphons announced that the Tourism Ministry in partnership with the Federation of Associations in Indian Tourism and Hospitality (FAITH) and with the support of State /UT Governments will organize the ‘first ever’ India Tourism Mart (ITM) from 16th to 18th September, 2018 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
Ethiopia, Eritrea sign statement that war ‘has come to an end’
- Ethiopia and Eritrea are no longer at war; a day after their leaders held a historic meeting and signed “Joint Declaration of Peace and Friendship” by Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed and Eritrean President Isaias Afwerki at state house in Asmara.
Seven new wasp species discovered in the Amazon forests
- An international team of researchers have discovered seven new wasp species belonging to the genus Clistopyga from Peru, Venezuela and Colombia.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
World’s largest mobile manufacturing plant in Noida
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President of the Republic of Korea Moon Jae-in inaugurated Samsung’s mobile manufacturing plant, touted as the biggest in the world, in Noida.
Rs.809 crore French loan for 15 Smart Cities projects
- Agence française de développement (AFD), the French development bank, signed a €100 million loan agreement for Smart Cities Mission, the Centre has announced a new challenge process to select 15 projects for the funding.
- Luis Enrique – Spain’s national football coach
India Smart Cities Fellowship (ISCF) and Internship (ISCI) Program
- India Smart Cities Fellowship (ISCF) and Internship (ISCI) Program Launched To Provide Opportunity to Youth to Work In the Domain of Urban Planning and Governance.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
MoU between India and South Korea
- India and South Korea signed five MoUs in the field of Science & Technology. Both Agreed to establish Indo-Korean Center for Research and Innovation (IKCRI) in India.
Government declares 6 educational ‘Institutions of Eminence’
- Public Sector: (i) Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Karnataka; (ii) Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Maharashtra; and (iii) Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
- Private Sector: (i) Jio Institute (Reliance Foundation), Pune under Green Field Category; (ii) Birla Institute of Technology & Sciences, Pilani, Rajasthan; and (iii) Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, Karnataka.
Dipa Karmakar wins gold at the Gymnastics World Cup
- Ace gymnast Dipa Karmakar took the women’s vault gold medal and claimed the fourth place in balance beam in the Mersin World Challenge Cup.
Indian National motorcycle racing championship
- Rajiv Sethu of Honda Ten10 Racing emerged winner of the second race in the Super Sport 165 class on day two of the second round of the Indian National motorcycle racing championship.
To Download Pocket Current Affairs Click Here