Daily Current Affairs – July 7,8 2018
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs Click Here
Area around Mudumalai to be declared an eco-sensitive zone
- In a move that would prohibit construction and commercial mining activities and restrict hotels and resorts near the Mudumalai Tiger Reserve in the Nilgiris, the Union Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change issued a draft notification declaring 438 sq. km. of area around the reserve as an eco-sensitive zone (ESZ).
Incubation centre to come up in Rajamahendravaram
- In a leap for the Information Technology sector in East Godavari district, an incubation centre to support startups would come up in Rajamahendravaram.
AAI to set up Civil Aviation Research Organisation
- State-run Airports Authority of India (AAI) said that it will set up a Civil Aviation Research Organisation (CARO) aimed at “finding indigenous solutions” to meet the challenges posed by the growing air traffic at Begumpet Airport, Hyderabad.
Kerala poet invited to US varsity
- Chandramohan, a Dalit English poet from the State capital, has been invited to the 51st session of the International Writing Programme of the University of Iowa.
First from the minority community to contest elections
- Sunita Parmar, a Hindu woman in Pakistan’s Sindh province, has created history by becoming the first from the minority community to contest the provincial assembly elections to be held on July 25.
IGIB find ways to reduce TB’s tissue-damaging effects
- Using human macrophage, cells researchers at the Institute of Genomic and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) have shown the way to reduce TB’s tissue-damaging effects.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
China lodges tariff case at WTO against the U.S.
- China has lodged a case against the United States over slapping import duties to the World Trade Organisation (WTO).
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
17th World Sanskrit Conference in Vancouver, Canada
- Human Resource Development Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar will inaugurate the 17th World Sanskrit Conference to be held at Vancouver, Canada from 9th July to 13th July, 2018.
“Data for New India”
- The Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI) is organising a two-day International Round Table Conference at New Delhi during 9-10th July, 2018.
- Justice AK Goel – National Green Tribunal Chairperson
- Justice Thottathil Bhaskaran Nair Radhakrishnan – New Chief Justice of Hyderabad HC
- Uday Kumar Varma – Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC) member
- Krishna Reddy – Karnataka Deputy Speaker
Urban infrastructure projects
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, addressed a public meeting in Jaipur and he unveiled a plaque to mark the laying of foundation stone of 13 Urban Infrastructure projects for the State of Rajasthan.
- T.K Chand – Knowledge Excellence Award for Outstanding Contribution in Aluminium Knowledge domain
APP & WEBPORTAL
- Ezi Drive, a leader in driver hire service in Bengaluru and Chennai, has now introduced app-based cab hire services in both the cities, with fixed charges.
- The Kerala State government will roll out a mobile app to enumerate transgenders in the State.
Third Indian cricketer to play 500 international matches
- Dhoni is now the ninth player in the history of cricket and only the third Indian player, after Sachin Tendulkar (664 matches) and Rahul Dravid (509), to complete 500 international games.
World Arm Wrestling Championship
- Majiziya Bhanu qualifies for World Arm Wrestling Championship to be held in Turkey
Dipika Pallikal to represent Asia in CGF AAC
- Squash player Dipika Pallikal has been appointed as Asia’s representative in the prestigious Athletes Advisory Commission of the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF). The appointment was made by the CGF.
Tri-series trophy – Australia Vs Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe
- Pakistan defeated Australia by six wickets to lift the tri-series trophy at the Harare Sports Club in Zimbabwe.
To Download Pocket Current Affairs Click Here