Daily Current Affairs – July 6, 2018
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs Click Here
UNESCO to Soon Set Up Gaming University in Andhra Pradesh
- Visakhapatnam will soon have a Design university for gaming which will be set up by UNESCO, specialised agency of United Nations.
- The UNESCO delegation on July 4 entered into an agreement with the Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Board for the establishment of a gaming digital learning hub.
Highest ever Limited Height Subways
- East Coast Railway launches highest ever 06 Limited Height Subways (LHS) between two stations in Sambalpur Division in one day.
- Sambalpur Division becomes the first to eliminate all unmanned Level Crossing Gates in Indian Railways.
Jaipur to have WIPO support centre
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) would soon open a Technology Innovation Support Centres (TISCs) in Jaipur to train people on accessing the patent database.
Portable system to issue rail tickets
- A low-cost Portable Unreserved Ticketing System (P-UTS) has been developed by Southern Railway to eliminate printed card tickets and issue unreserved tickets.
EY plans business centre at Technopark
- Ernst & Young (EY) will set up a Global Managed Business Services Centre at Thiruvananthapuram Technopark campus.
Information centre to create awareness on conservation
- A nature information centre established by the Nature Conservation Foundation focused on creating awareness among local communities that will benefit local communities, school & college students living on the fringes of the protected areas and forests, is set for inauguration at Yellemaala village of Kollegal taluk in Chamarajanagar district.
India to operate “world’s emptiest airport” in Sri Lanka
- India has agreed to form a joint venture with Sri Lanka to operate the country’s loss-making Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport in Hambantota.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
First meeting of e-Commerce Task Force
- Commerce Secretary, Rita Teaotia, chaired the first meeting of the Task Force on e-commerce in New Delhi. The meeting deliberated upon the suggestions emerging from the sub-group meetings held during 20th – 22nd June, 2018.
International Convention of Saurashtra Patel Cultural Samaj of US
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, addressed the 8th International Convention of Saurashtra Patel Cultural Samaj through video conference. The International Convention of Saurashtra Patel Cultural Samaj is being held in California, United States of America.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
NSG signs pact with IRCTC
- National Security Guard (NSG) is the first paramilitary force to opt for e-ticketing in lieu of Railway Warrants.
Award for ghatam maestro by the Music Academy
- H. Vinayakram (‘Vikku’ Vinayakram ) – Special Lifetime Achievement Award
APP & WEBPORTAL
GST ‘Verify App’
- The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has developed a mobile app ‘GST Verify’ to protect interest of consumers.
Tbilisi Grand Prix Wrestling
- Bajrang Punia emerged champion in the 65kg category and Deepak Punia clinched a bronze in the 86kg category at the Tbilisi Grand Prix, Georgia.
To Download Pocket Current Affairs Click Here