Daily Current Affairs – July 3, 2018
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs Click Here
NRL 1st oil PSU to introduce online legal compliance
- Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL) in Assam has become the first oil public sector undertaking (PSU) to adopt an online legal compliance system by introducing ‘Legatrix’.
- ‘Legatrix’ is a onestop solution for effectively managing the organisations legal and regulatory compliances through monitoring control at different levels.
Latest dental implant technology in KBN institute
- For the first time in Hyderabad Karnataka region, the latest dental implant technology will be inaugurated at Khaja Bande Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences in Kalaburagi.
- The new technology drastically reduces the duration of the treatment and helps avoid bone grafting procedures in case of severe bone loss.
India’s first dedicated Khadi mall
- In an attempt to boost market for khadi and khadi made products, Jharkhand is setting up its first ‘khadi mall’ in the state.
Largest habitat of endangered estuarine crocodiles
- The Bhitarkanika National Park has become the largest habitat of endangered estuarine crocodiles in the country with a record number of their nesting sites spotted.
MAIDS ranked ‘best dental college’ in India
- The Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences (MAIDS) under the Government of NCT of Delhi has been ranked the “Best Dental College in India” for the seventh year in a row.
KVIC launches e-marketing system
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) launched its, in-house developed, single-umbrella e-marketing system named Khadi Institution Management and Information System (KIMIS) in New Delhi.
Special laddus to students in Hyderabad’s government-run schools
- Girls in Hyderabad’s government-run schools are in for a healthy treat from mid-July a special laddu made of ragi, ghee, jaggery, dry fruits and nuts.
- This will make Hyderabad the first city to implement the mandate of providing additional nutritional support under the Centre’s Beti Bachao Beti Padao scheme.
- The Union Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (I/C), Dr. Jitendra Singh attended the famous 4-day Meghalaya Annual Cultural Festival, “Behdienkhlam”, held every year at the small peripheral town of Jowai, Meghalaya.
UN declares Colombia’s Chiribiquete park world heritage site
- The United Nations has placed Colombia’s Chiribiquete national park on its list of world heritage sites.
Century’s longest lunar eclipse on July 27
- The longest total lunar eclipse of this century would be visible from all parts of the country on July 27.
- The celestial body would also be tinged with a reddish hue, a phenomenon popularly referred to as a blood moon.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Tariffs cut on Asian imports under APTA
- The Centre has implemented the tariff concessions agreed to under the Asia Pacific Trade Agreement by cutting duties on the import of 3,142 items from the signatories to the accord, including China.
2021 census data to be stored electronically
- The data collected during the 2021 Census will be stored electronically, the first time since the decennial exercise was conducted in 1951 in Independent India.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
Agreement signed on repatriation of Bru persons to Mizoram
- An agreement has been signed by Government of India, Governments of Mizoram and Tripura and Mizoram Bru Displaced People’s Forum (MBDPF) on repatriation of displaced Bru persons from Mizoram since 1997.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
“National Workshop on Skill Development for Persons with Disabilities”
- A“National Workshop on Skill Development for Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan)” was organized by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
Indian Army Motorcycle Expedition to Commemorate Kargil Vijay Diwas
- A motorcycle expedition comprising of ‘SHWET ASHW’ the elite Motorcycle Display Team of the Corps of Military Police, was flagged off’ on 02 July 2018 to commemorate the victory of Indian Army in Operation Vijay 1999.
- Maharashtra’s Palghar fisherman Milan Shankar Tare – National Maritime Search and Rescue Award.
- Saraswati Prasad – CMD of Steel Authority of India (SAIL)
APP & WEBPORTAL
- Election Commission of India launches Mobile App “cVIGIL” to enable citizens to report on violation of election code of conduct.
Finch sets highest individual score record in T20I
- Australia captain Aaron Finch smashed his own record for the highest individual score in a T20I, blasting 172 off 76 balls against Zimbabwe.
To Download Pocket Current Affairs Click Here