Daily Current Affairs – July 28,29 2018
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs Click Here
July 28 – World Nature Conservation Day
- World Nature Conservation Day is observed to create awareness on protecting and conserving natural resources. There are so many threats to nature like deforestation, illegal wildlife trade, pollution, using plastics, chemicals, and lot more.
July 28 – World Hepatitis Day
- Nobel Laureate Baruch Samuel Blumberg birthday July 28th was declared as World Hepatitis Day [Discovered the hepatitis B virus] to create awareness about viral hepatitis among the common public.
July 29 – International Tiger Day
- International Tiger Day has been held since 2010 when it was first created at the Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit to raise awareness of the decline of wild tiger numbers and to encourage the celebration around the important work of Tiger conservation.
‘Turnitin’ software for all varsities to check plagiarism in research
- Union Minister of Human Resource Development Prakash Javadekar said that the Turnitin software to detect plagiarism in research, would be provided to all universities free of cost.
Meghalaya Milk Mission
- Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Shri Radha Mohan Singh said that Meghalaya Milk Mission will facilitate in achieving the Centre’s goal of doubling farmer’s income by 2022 through promotion of milk business in the state.
NSTI for Women and PMKK for differently abled
- The Union Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, laid the foundation stone for permanent campus of National Skill Training Institute (NSTI) for Women and Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK) for differently abled at Mohali, Punjab under “Skill India” initiative of the Government of India.
150-ft monumental flag pole
- Karimnagar, Telangana to have 150-ft State’s second highest monumental flag pole.
Deadline to mark Karnataka-A.P. boundary won’t be extended: SC
- The Supreme Court has made it clear to the Survey of India (SoI) that the time granted by it for demarcation of the Inter-State Boundary (ISB) between Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh would not be extended beyond August 31.
Imran Khan to be sworn in as Pakistan PM
- Imran Khan will be sworn in as Pakistan’s new Prime Minister before the country’s Independence Day on August 14.
India to give flash flood warning to Asian nations
- India has been designated as a nodal centre for preparing flash-flood forecasts that can issue advance warning of floods in Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Thailand by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO).
Kolkata Museum celebrates early tool-makers of T.N., A.P.
- One of the earliest stone tools from the region discovered by Robert Bruce Foote almost 150 years ago from various sites of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, have been put on display for the first time at the Indian Museum in Kolkata.
AIIMS-led team develops highly sensitive, portable test for TB meningitis
- A diagnostic test for TB meningitis (the most severe form of TB) with nearly 100% sensitivity and about 91% specificity has been developed by a multi-institutional team led by Prof. Jaya Sivaswami Tyagi from the Department of Biotechnology at AIIMS.
Novel biomarkers for gastric cancer progression
- Researchers from University of Delhi and National Institute of Cancer Prevention and Research, Noida have identified two proteins survivin and STAT3 potential markers of the disease, these proteins could also be suitable therapeutic targets in preventing gastric cancer progression.
Scientists confirm Einstein’s supermassive black hole theory
- A team of international scientists observing a star in the Milky Way have for the first time confirmed Einstein’s predictions of what happens to the motion of a star passing close to a supermassive black hole.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
State miner NMDC won race for Indian gold mine
- Indian state-owned miner NMDC is the highest bidder in a government e-auction for a gold mine in the southern State of Andhra Pradesh is expected to invest about $58.3 million in the project.
- Headed by Cabinet Secretary – Government constitutes High Level Empowered Committee to address the issues of Stressed Thermal Power Projects
National Viral Hepatitis Control Program
- Shri J P Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare launched the National Viral Hepatitis Control Program to mark the World Hepatitis Day, 2018.
States agree to supply milk under Mid-Day Meal, Anganwadi schemes
- Most states, including Rajasthan, have agreed to supply milk for two days a week through Mid-Day Meal and Anganwadi schemes in order to absorb surplus stock and ensure better prices to farmers, Animal Husbandry and Dairy.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
Indian firm Ashok Leyland to supply heavy vehicles to Army
- For the first time, an Indian vehicle manufacturer, Ashok Leyland will deliver heavy duty, high mobility vehicles for the Army’s Russian-built Smerch Multi-Barrel Rocket launchers (MBRL).
Curtain Raiser: Unified Commanders’ Conference – 2018
- The two day Unified Commanders’ Conference (UCC) for the year 2018 will be held on 30th & 31st Jul 2018 at New Delhi.
- Shanta Devi – Malati Chandur Award on novelist and short story writer
- The Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation (GVMC) – “Project award in social aspects for outstanding achievement in implementing smart campus”
APP & WEBPORTAL
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development &Entrepreneurship launched India’s first in-phone guide and mobile application “Go whats That” in Chandigarh.
‘Ramayana Yatra’ Website
- The official website of the ‘Ramayana Yatra’ was launched to provide details of over 50 such sites in the island nation at the second day of the 106th edition of the ‘India International Travel Mart’ (IITM) in Bengaluru.
Hockey World Cup
- India progressed to the knock-out stages of the World Cup in London after 1-1 draw in their last match against USA.
Asia Pacific Senior 2018
- Kapil Dev, Rishi Narain and Amit Luthra to represent India at the Asia Pacific Senior 2018 to be held in Miyazaki, Japan from October 17 to 19.
Yasar Dogu International
- Bajrang Punia won gold, Pinki in women’s competition won the gold medal while Sandeep Tomar won a silver medal at the Yasar Dogu International in Istanbul, Turkey.
Russia Open Tour Super 100 badminton tournament
- Former National champion Sourabh Verma beat Japan’s Koki Watanabe at the Russia Open Tour Super 100 badminton tournament.
World Junior squash team title
- Egypt beat England to win World Junior squash team title.
Bangladesh beats Windies in 3rd ODI, wins series
- Bangladesh beat the West Indies by 18 runs and won their one-day international series 2-1.
Round-the-world yacht race
- Australia’s Wendy Tuck became the first female skipper to win a round-the-world yacht race.
To Download Pocket Current Affairs Click Here