Daily Current Affairs – July 25 2018
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs Click Here
Tirumala route gets eco-friendly buses
- The APSRTC introduced eco-friendly buses on the Tirupati-Tirumala ghat route which adhere to the BS IV (Bharat Stage IV) emission norms.
Mysuru gets hi-tech air quality monitoring station
- The Karnataka State Pollution Control Board (KSPCB) has now developed the hi-tech air quality monitoring station on its premises in Hebbal.
Ballari is set to become open defecation-free by August 15
- The Ballari Zilla Panchayat has taken up several programmes to ensure that the district is declared open defecation-free by August 15.
CM Biplab Kumar Deb inaugurates first Haj Bhavan in Tripura
- Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb inaugurated Haj Bhavan in Agartala to pilgrims taking part in the annual Haj pilgrimage.
First heritage run coming to city with 163-year-old loco
- The Southern Railways has transported the Steam Loco EIR 21, built in England in 1855 and which served the Indian Railways for over five decades, to Puducherry for a maiden heritage ride sometime next week.
Prime Minister addressed the Ugandan Parliament
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Uganda’s capital Kampala as part of a two-day visit to the country – the first bilateral tour by an Indian prime minister since 1997.
Underground lake detected on Mars
- Using a radar instrument on an orbiting spacecraft, scientists have spotted salt-laden lake under ice on the southern polar plain of Mars, a body of water they called a possible habitat for microbial life.
- It is the first stable body of liquid water ever found on Mars.
Improving the stability, bioavailability of TB FDC drug
- The physical stability and bioavailability of a fixed-dose combination (FDC) drug containing four anti-TB medicines rifampicin, isoniazid, pyrazinamide and ethambutol has been vastly improved from 3-4 days to over 30 days by turning to crystal engineering.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
SEBI proposes using UPI to reduce public issue timeline
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has proposed allowing investors to use the unified payments interface (UPI) while bidding for shares in an initial public offer (IPO) to reduce the public issue timeline.
RANKINGS & INDEXES
Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA) Report
- Top State in renewable energy – 1) Karnataka 2) Tamilnadu
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
Global Disability Summit
- Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot, Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment attended the Global Disability Summit held in London on 24th July 2018.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
MoU Signed between Invest India and Business France
- Invest India and Business France has signed a MoU to promote investment facilitation and cooperation between startups of India and France.
Association of Indian Football Coaches (AIFC)
- John Gregory [Chennaiyin FC head coach] – ISL Coach of the Year award
Ajay crowned the champion
- Ajay Karthikeyan of Tamil Nadu was crowned the champion after he played out a draw against Sankalp Gupta of Maharashtra in the final round of the 44th National sub-junior (under-15) open chess at Kolkatta.
Takale set for WRC debut
- India’s Sanjay Takale is all set to make his debut in the FIA World Rally Championship, Neste Rally Finland.
To Download Pocket Current Affairs Click Here