Daily Current Affairs – July 20 2018
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs Click Here
New cell to resolve child custody disputes
- A mediation cell would be set up under the apex child rights body, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR), to resolve child custody disputes arising from cases of transnational marital discord.
Naidu launches e-Pragati core platform
- Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu launched ‘e-Pragati core platform’ at Undavalli. e-Pragati, would act as a platform to connect all departments and stand alone to resolve the issues.
Drone used to spray pesticide on areca farm
- A demonstration on the use of a drone to spray pesticide on an areca farm was held at Belegadde village in Koppa taluk.
A human face shaped museum
- A museum in the shape of a human face is coming up at the All India Institute of Speech and Hearing (AIISH), Mysuru to spread awareness on vocal and auditory functions, besides pathological/ dysfunctional conditions, and preventive measures.
Industrial clearance system to go online
- An online system for expediting the issuance of industrial clearances, Kerala Single Window Interface for Fast and Transparent Clearance (K-SWIFT) will go on stream by September.
TN government sets up 24-hour helpline for inter-caste couples
- The Tamil Nadu government has informed the Madras High Court that a 24-hour helpline has been set up to investigate issues faced by inter-caste couples and offer them necessary assistance and protection.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Volkswagen to set up design centre in Pune
- German auto major Volkswagen (VW) Group is planning to expand production capacity and set up a design centre in Chakan near Pune.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
India to host U.S. for 2+2 talks
- India will host the inaugural round of the two-plus-two dialogue with the United States on September 6. The ministerial-level meeting will cover bilateral, regional and global issues.
Student Police Cadet Programme
- The Student Police Cadet (SPC) Programme is scheduled to be launched nationally on the 21st July, 2018 by the Union Home Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh. The programme seeks to build bridge between Police and the larger community.
Emergency talk back system
- On trial basis, Emergency Talk Back System has been provided in 06 ladies coaches of two Electrical Multiple Unit (EMU) rakes (03 coaches each) in Mumbai Suburban. The year 2018 has been declared by the Ministry of Railways as the year of women security.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
Greenko’s 1550 MW renewable energy project cleared
- The Andhra Pradesh State government approved the proposal of Greenko Energies Private Limited (GEPL) for the establishment of India’s largest Integrated Renewable Energy Project (IREP) at Pinnapuram village in Panyam mandal of Kurnool district.
- The project comprises 1000 MW solar and 550 MW wind energy plants and 1200 MW standalone pumped storage facility.
World Cup Hockey
- Indian team is set to take on hosts England in its opening match of the Women’s Hockey World Cup.
Ramkumar Ramanathan enters his first ever ATP semifinals
- Ramkumar Ramanathan notched up a straight set win over Canada’s Vasek Pospisil to reach his first ever ATP semi-finals.
To Download Pocket Current Affairs Click Here