Daily Current Affairs – July 14,15 2018
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs Click Here
July 14 – French national day
- Bastille Day, the day that signalled the beginning of the French Revolution, dedicating the principles of ‘liberty, equality and fraternity’ to the world, was observed in the coastal town that shares strong historical and cultural links with France.
Platinum jubilee celebrations of Institute of Cost Accountants of India
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the platinum jubilee celebrations of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India in New Delhi.
- India has invited US President Donald Trump to be the chief guest at the Republic Day celebrations next year.
Jagannath Rath Yatra begins in Ahmedabad
- The 141st Rath Yatra of Lord Jagannath commenced this morning in the Ahmedabad amid tight security as lakhs of devotees flocked to the 18km route to catch a glimpse of the deity.
Shiromani Kabir Prakat Diwas
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, graced and addressed the Shiromani Kabir Prakat Diwas (Kabir Jayanti) in Fatehabad, Haryana.
Kannur panchayat to offer free medicines to kidney patients
- The district panchayat here is planning to start a pharmacy to offer free medicines to patients who have undergone kidney transplantation.
Outside Food items allowed into movie theatres from August 1
- The Maharashtra Food and Civil Supplies Minister Ravindra Chavan announced that food items from outside will be allowed in multiplexes from August 1.
Heritage Cabinet to preserve the history and culture of Odisha
- The State Government constituted Heritage Cabinet headed by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to preserve the history and culture of Odisha.
Chennai to host village food festival
- ‘Village Ticket to Uzhavar, Unavu and Unarvu’, the event will see participation of chefs from all the districts in Tamil Nadu who will make over 300-plus varieties of food.
Foundation Stone for various development projects in Varanasi
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the Varanasi City Gas Distribution Project, the Varanasi-Ballia MEMU train, Panchkoshi Parikrama Marg, an International Convention Centre in Varanasi and several projects under the Smart City Mission and Namaami Gange. Poorvanchal Expressway in Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh.
Bansagar Canal Project
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, dedicated the Bansagar Canal Project to the Nation in Mirzapur. This project will provide a big boost to irrigation in the region, and will be greatly beneficial for the farmers of Mirzapur and Allahabad districts of Uttar Pradesh. He also laid the Foundation Stone of the Mirzapur Medical College. He inaugurated 100 Jan AushadhiKendras in the State
UN Security Council imposes arms embargo on South Sudan
- The United Nations Security Council has imposed an arms embargo on South Sudan, almost five years after a ruinous civil war in the country started.
World Customs Organisation (WCO)
- India has become the Vice-Chair (Regional Head) of the Asia Pacific Region of World Customs Organisation (WCO) for a period of two years, from July, 2018 to June, 2020. The WCO has divided its Membership into six Regions.
IIT Bombay: Breakthrough in stem cell proliferation
- A major obstacle in using human mesenchymal stem cells (hMSCs) to treat a variety of diseases has been successfully overcome by a team of researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay.
Silk-based bioactive wound dressing and skin graft
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati have developed bioactive wound dressings and bio-artificial skin by using silkworm silk fibroin as matrix and coating it with recombinant spider silk proteins.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
6th meeting of India-Bangladesh Home Minister level talks
- The Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh co-chaired the 6th meeting of the Home Minister level talks with his Bangladesh counterpart, Mr. Asaduzzaman Khan in Dhaka.
- Shri Injeti Srinivas (Secretary) – Head of the Committee
- The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has constituted a 10 Member Committee, headed by the Secretary of Ministry of Corporate Affairs, for review of the penal provisions in the Companies Act, 2013 may be setup to examine ‘de-criminalisation’ of certain offences.
- Maurizio Sarri – Chelsea’s new manager (Football)
- Under Bharatmala project, about 2,520 Km of roads amounting to Rs 44 thousand crore have been envisaged in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
Memorandum of Cooperation signed between National Police Academy and Bangladesh Police Academy
- A Memorandum of Cooperation signed between Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy, Hyderabad and the Bangladesh Police Academy, Sardah, Rajshahi to establish mutual cooperation in the sphere of training, management and exchange of trainers and trainees between two Police Academies.
APP & WEBPORTAL
Indian Haji Information System
- Indian Haji Information System, a mobile phone app which would help pilgrims in locating their accommodation. It would also enable them to contact the Indian Haj Mission in case of any emergency.
England won the 2nd ODI
- England beat India by 86 runs in second one-day international at Lord’s.
Dhoni completes 10,000 ODI runs
- The former Indian captain M.S. Dhoni surpassed the 10,000 ODI runs milestone during the second one-day international match against England at Lords. He becomes the second wicket-keeper to complete 10,000 runs in ODIs and first Indian wicketkeeper to take 300 catches in ODIs.
- Belgium beats England 2-0; finishes third in World Cup.
Thailand Open World Tour Super 500 badminton tournament
- PV Sindhu loses to Japan’s Nozomi Okuhara in final of Thailand Open.
28th Meeting of Shooting Hopes international competition
- Manu Bhaker and Anmol Jain provided a golden finish for India as the duo won the mixed air pistol team title in the 28th Meeting of Shooting Hopes international competition.
11Sports Central Zone National-ranking table tennis tournament
- Manav Thakkar clinched his second double crown in as many weeks by winning the youth boys’ and men’s titles in the 11Sports Central Zone National-ranking table tennis tournament.
- Novak Djokovic wins fourth Wimbledon by beating Kevin Anderson. Angelique Kerber beats Serena Williams to win title.
To Download Pocket Current Affairs Click Here