Daily Current Affairs – January 5 2019
To Know 2019 Daily Current Affairs
Andhra unveils second largest rock art trove
- Andhra Pradesh’s second largest petroglyph site, containing about 80 petroglyhs, has been discovered at Mekala Benchi in Kurnool district.
Revival of 6 irrigation projects
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid foundation stone of revival of six irrigation projects, including North Koel (Mandal Dam) project amounting to 2,500 crore rupees and Kanhar Stone Pipeline irrigation system.
Special court in Mumbai declares Mallya a fugitive economic offender
- A special court in Mumbai declared absconding liquor baron Vijay Mallya a fugitive economic offender (FEO) on a plea of the Enforcement Directorate.
- Mallya has become the first businessman to be declared an FEO under the provisions of the new Fugitive Economic Offenders Act which came into existence in August last year.
NGT imposes Rs 100 Cr fine on Meghalaya government
- The National Green Tribunal has imposed a fine of 100 crore rupees on Meghalaya government for its failure to curb illegal coal mining in the state.
- The amount of the fine has to be deposited with the Central Pollution Control Board within two months.
New Delhi World Book Fair
- The 27th New Delhi World Book Fair has begun at Pragati Maidan. Human Resources Development Minister Prakash Javadekar inaugurated the annual event. Seven books published by Publications Division released in World Book Fair, New Delhi.
- Theme ‘Readers with Special Needs’.
Pakistan Army inducts indigenously developed A-100 rocket
- The Pakistan Army has inducted an indigenously developed rocket, having over 100 km range, in Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) of its corps of artillery.
- China’s Chang’e-4 lunar rover scripted history when it made the first-ever soft landing on the far side of the moon and sent back close-up images of the previously unexplored region. This is the first time any craft has landed on the unexplored and rugged far side of the moon.
- China has named the lunar rover as ‘Yutu-2’. It follows the BeiDou Navigation Satellite System – China’s homegrown Global Positioning System.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
NHAI to collaborate with Oil Marketing Companies for issuance of FASTags
- To ensure easier availability of FASTags, Indian Highways Management Company Ltd. (IHMCL), a company promoted by NHAI, is signing MoUs with state-run Oil Marketing Companies (IOCL, BPC, and HPC) on 7th January 2019. It will ensure availability of FASTags at petroleum outlets across India.
- Vijay Kumar – Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Award for Investigative Reporting (Print category).
National Awards to Anganwadi Workers
- Union Minister for Women & Child Development, Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi, in the presence of Minister of State for MWCD, Dr. Virendra Kumar will confer National Awards to 97 Anganwadi Workers(AWWs) for Exceptional Achievements for the year 2017-18, on the 07th of January 2018, in New Delhi.
80th National Table Tennis Championship
- The 80th National Table Tennis Championship began at Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium in Cuttack. Odisha State Table Tennis Association (OSTTA) is hosting the championships after a gap of 18 years.
AFC Asia Cup football
- India faces Thailand in AFC Asian Cup football opener in Abu Dhabi.
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs
To Download 2018 Current Affairs Quiz PDF
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here
All Latest Updates Telegram Channel Click Here