Daily Current Affairs – January 29 2019
Union Minister Gadkari inaugurates Atal Setu in Goa
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated four-lane, 5.1-kilometer long “Atal Setu”, the third Cable bridge across river Mandovi in Panaji, Goa.
Western Railway provides ‘segway’ to RPF personnel
- The Western Railway has provided segways, the two-wheeled, self-balancing and battery-powered electric vehicles, to the Railway Protection Force (RPF) personnel deployed at major railway stations in Mumbai.
CM inaugurates state’s first Astro Turf Football Pitch
- Nagaland got its first Astro Turf Football Pitch at Indira Gandhi Stadium in Kohima on the occasion of 100th Birth Anniversary of the legendary footballer, Dr. T. Ao.
Four highway projects worth over Rs 3000 cr launched
- Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari today inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of four National Highway projects worth over 3 thousand 237 Cr. Rupees.
Common digital currency called “Aber” launched
- The central banks of the UAE and Saudi Arabia have launched a common digital currency called “Aber”, which will be used in financial settlements between the two countries through Blockchains and Distributed Ledgers technologies.
China’s top negotiator arrives in Washington for trade talks with US
- China’s top trade negotiator has reached Washington as the world’s top two economies prepare for crucial trade talks.
Syria signs long-term economic cooperation deal with Iran
- Syria has signed a long-term economic cooperation deal with Iran. The new agreement covers the industrial, agricultural, service, infrastructure and energy sectors among others. Both sides also signed agreements to expand the ports in Latakia and Tartus.
Turkey aims to form safe zones in Syria for refugees to return
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said the country is aiming to form safe zones in northern Syria so that Syrian refugees hosted by Turkey could return to their home country.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
Community Radio Awareness workshop
- Shri Ajay Kumar Gupta, Secretary Power and Civil Supplies, Andaman and Nicobar Administration inaugurated Community Radio Awareness workshop in the conference hall of the TSG Emerald View in Port Blair.
- The Workshop is being organized by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting in partnership with Seeking Modern Applications For Real Transformation (SMART).
- The Swasth Bharat Yatra, the world’s biggest cyclothon to push people to eat right, culminated in New Delhi. The campaign was flagged-off on 16th October last year on the occasion of World Food Day. Message – ‘Eat Safe, Eat Healthy and Eat Fortified’.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
UP government approves construction of four lane Ganga Expressway
- Uttar Pradesh state cabinet approved construction of a four-lane Ganga Expressway connecting Prayagraj to Western Utter Pradesh which would cost about 36,000 crore rupees.
India signs agreement with OECD for participation in PISA 2021
- Human Resources Development Ministry signed an agreement with Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) for India’s Participation in Programme for International Student Assessment- PISA 2021.
India, China sign protocol for exports of Indian tobacco leaves
- India and China have signed the protocol for exports of Indian tobacco leaves to China. Quality tobacco on par with international standards is available in India at competitive prices and there is a good potential for export of Indian tobacco to China.
GST on Haj reduced from 18% to 5%
- Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that GST on Haj has been reduced from 18 per cent to 5 per cent and this will significantly lower the air fare thus saving Haj pilgrims’113 crore rupees this year.
Centre releases additional assistance of over Rs 7000 cr from NDRF to six states, one UT
- The Centre has released additional assistance of over seven thousand crore rupees from National Disaster Response Fund to six States and one Union Territory affected by natural disasters.
- The states are Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Gujarat, and Puducherry.
New York Times Travel Show 2019
- Award of Excellence for ‘Best in Show’ – India
APP & WEBPORTAL
“Pariksha Pe Charcha 2.0”
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, interacted with students, teachers and parents, as part of Pariksha Pe Charcha 2.0 at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi.
Tata Steel Masters – Chess
- Viswanathan Anand finishes joint third after drawing with Vidit Gujrathi.
ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2020 fixtures
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced fixtures for the ICC T20 World Cup 2020 to be held in Australia.
ICC suspends Ambati Rayudu from bowling in International Cricket
- Ambati Rayudu has been suspended from bowling in International Cricket by the International Cricket Council (ICC), after having found his bowling action to be illegal.
India Vs New Zealand Women ODI Series
- India beat New Zealand by 8 wickets in the second ODI. India have now taken an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three match series.
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs
To Download 2018 Current Affairs Quiz PDF
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here
For Telegram Channel Click Here