Daily Current Affairs – January 17 2019
CCEA approves Numaligarh Refinery capacity expansion project
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has decided to expand the capacity of Numligarh Refinery in 3 Million Metric Tonne Per Annum, (MMTPA) to 9 MMTPA. It would also generate direct and indirect employment in Assam.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Medical Sciences & Research inaugurated
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Medical Sciences and Research in Ahmedabad.
- Prime Minister also inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show at the Mahatma Mandir Exhibition cum Convention Center in Gandhinagar.
Newly built broad gauge railway line inaugurated in Una district
- Minister of State for Railways Manoj Sinha inaugurated the newly built broad gauge railway line between Amb Andora and Daulatpur chowk in Una district in Himachal Pradesh.
First session of Telangana Assembly begins
- The first session of the newly elected Telangana Assembly began this morning. Pro-tem speaker Mumtaz Ahmed Khan is administering the oath under the Constitution of India and also the rules of the Assembly to the members.
UK PM Theresa May wins no-confidence vote
- British Prime Minister Theresa May has won a confidence vote, a day after her government suffered a parliamentary defeat over her Brexit deal with the European Union (EU).
Trump nominates 3 Indian Americans to key administration post
- US President Donald Trump has nominated three Indian Americans to keyadministration positions as per the latest list of senior nominations sent bythe White House to the Senate.
- Rita Baranwal has been nominated for the post of Assistant Secretary of Energy (Nuclear Energy), Aditya Bamzai for Member of the Privacy and CivilLiberties Oversight Board and Bimal Patel as the Assistant Secretary ofTreasury.
World’s youngest mountaineer to climb 7 peaks, 7 volcano summits
- Mountaineer Satyarup Siddhanta conquered Antartica’s highest point, Mount Sidley. With this feat, he became the first Indian and youngest man to climb the seven highest peaks and volcanic summits across all continents.
ISRO schedules its first launch this year
- National space agency ISRO has scheduled its first launch this year on next week. PSLV C-44 will lift off from the spaceport Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota, carrying a student satellite called Kalamsat and an imaging satellite known as Microsat-R.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Budget Session of Parliament to commence on Jan 31
- The Budget Session of Parliament will commence on the 31st of this month. The Interim Budget will be presented on the 1st of February. The session will conclude on the 13th of next month.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
10th edition of the India Rubber Expo – 2019
- Union Minister for Commerce and Industries, Suresh Prabhu inaugurated the 10th edition of the India Rubber Expo – 2019 in Mumbai. The India Rubber Expo is Asia’s largest rubber expo.
- A consortium of banks led by StateBank of India has agreed to provide finance for Nagpur-Mumbai ‘SamruddhiCorridor’ expressway project.
- SBI has agreed to lend the highest amount, 8,500 crore rupees. Other lenders include Punjab National Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of Maharashtra as well as the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India.
e-filing project for faster ITR processing
- The Union Cabinet approved expenditure sanction of over 4200 crore rupees for Integrated E-filing and Centralized Processing Centre 2.0 Project.
Eklavya Model Residential Schools
- The government will soon set up over 460 more Eklavya Model Residential Schools across the country.
- Gandhi Peace Prize for 2018 – Yohei Sasakawa [Goodwill Ambassador of the World Health Organization for Leprosy Elimination]
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs
To Download 2018 Current Affairs Quiz PDF
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here
For Telegram Channel Click Here