Daily Current Affairs – January 11, 2019
To Know 2019 Daily Current Affairs
Urea fertilizer prices reduced by 11%
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath reduced the prices of urea fertilizer by 11 per cent in the interest of the farmers. The decrease in prices of Urea is due to reduction in additional VAT levied on natural gas.
15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
- Prime minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas on 21st of this month at Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
First manned mission to space by December 2021
- ISRO said that it is well prepared to meet the targets of launching Gaganyaan manned mission to outer space by December 2021. Under Gaganyaan project, India is planning to send three astronauts to outer space for seven days and bring them back.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
25th edition of Partnership Summit
- The 25th edition of Partnership Summit 2019, a global platform for dialogue, debate, deliberation and engagement among Indian and global leaders on economic policy and growth trends in India, is being held in Mumbai.
- The two-day event will be inaugurated by the Vice President of India, M Venkaiah Naidu.
National Symposium of Poets
- The 64th National Symposium of Poets, organised by All India Radio, started in Chennai. 23 poets, representing all 22 languages in the Ninth Schedule of the Indian Constitution are participating in the symposium.
‘Women of India Organic Festival’
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development is organising the three-day 6th ‘Women of India Organic Festival’ at Chandigarh, to celebrate and promote women farmers and entrepreneurs in the organic sector from the remotest parts of India.
- Su Tseng-chang – Taiwan Prime Minister
- Birendra Prasad Baishya [President of the Indian Weightlifting Federation (IWF)] – Chef de Mission for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Renukaji multipurpose dam project
- An agreement for Renukaji Dam Multipurpose Project was signed in New Delhi among the States of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand in the presence of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Minister Nitin Gadkari.
- Under the agreement, three storage projects are proposed to be constructed on the river Yamuna and two of its tributaries – Tons and Giri in the hilly regions of Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh.
Swadesh Darshan and PRASHAD schemes
- The Ministry of Tourism has sanctioned four new projects for Rs. 190.46 Crores under the tourism infrastructure development schemes, Swadesh Darshan and PRASHAD in the states of Meghalaya, Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh recently.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
Cabinet approves re-promulgation of triple talaq ordinance
- Union Cabinet has approved a proposal to re-promulgate the ordinance making instant triple talaq a criminal offence. The ordinance makes all declarations of instant triple talaq void and illegal and the practice a punishable offence with imprisonment of three years.
Cabinet approves establishment of three new AIIMS
- The Cabinet approved the establishment of three more All India Institute of Medical Sciences, AIIMS to boost healthcare infrastructure in the country. Two in Jammu & Kashmir and one at Rajkot in Gujarat.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Atal Tinkering Lab Handbook
- NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission releases the Atal Tinkering Lab Handbook on eve of National Youth Day
Indian men’s hockey team coach
- Indian men’s hockey coach Harendra Singh was sacked from the position and offered the task of helming the junior squad by the national federation.
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs
To Download 2018 Current Affairs Quiz PDF
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here
For Telegram Channel Click Here