Daily Current Affairs – January 10, 2019
To Know 2019 Daily Current Affairs
Global skill summit
- Over one lakh youth to get job in global skill summit in ranchi.
Farmers to get interest-free loans
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat said farmers in the state will be given interest-free loans soon. It will help them increase their produce further and strengthen their economy.
Congo Opposition leader wins presidential election
- In Congo, opposition leader Felix Tshisekedi has won the long-delayed presidential election. The electoral commission announced that Tshisekedi has won with 38.57 percent of more than 18 million ballots cast.
Right wing coalition is set to rule Andalusia
- In Spain, a right wing coalition is set to rule country’s most populous region, Andalusia. This ends 37 years of Socialist rule in Andalusia. Andalusia is the main arrival point in Spain for migrants crossing the Mediterranean.
Saudi Arabia to cut its oil exports in Jan by 10%
- Saudi Arabia, the world’s top crude supplier will slash its oil exports in January by 10 percent.
China may further fortify its man-made islands in South China Sea
- China said it may further fortify its man-made islands in the South China Sea depending on threats faced by the outposts.
18th amendment of the Constitution of Pakistan
- It removed the power of the President to dissolve Parliament unilaterally, turning Pakistan from a semi-presidential to a parliamentary republic.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
GST exemption limit doubled for small businesses
- In a bid to give relief to small businesses, the GST Council doubled the GST exemption limit to Rs 20 lakh for northeastern states and Rs 40 lakh for the rest of the country.
RANKINGS & INDEXES
- 1) M C Mary Kom [48kg category]
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
Indus Food 2019
- INDUS FOOD-II with the theme of ‘World Food Supermarket’ will be held on 14th and 15th January, 2019, at India Expo Mart, Greater Noida.
- The event is aimed at promoting India as a strong and reliable exporter of food and beverage products to the world.
4th Meeting of CTDP
- Union Minister for Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, chaired the 4th meeting of the Council for Trade Development and Promotion (CTDP) in New Delhi.
- The Khelo India Youth Games 2019 kicked off in Pune with cultural programmes. 1,000 players will be selected out of competitions in the current edition of Khelo India and they will be given Rs 5 lakh each per annum for the next 8 years for development of their sporting talent.
Several projects to improve traffic management system
- The Delhi Police is working on several projects based on cutting-edge technology to improve traffic management system in the city and check errant drivers. The Delhi Police will soon be the first in the country to have an Intelligence Traffic Management System (ITMS).
Sino-Indian Digital Collaboration Plaza
- The Sino-Indian Digital Collaboration Plaza (SIDCOP), an initiative to bring Indian IT companies and Chinese enterprises closer to each other on a single AI enabled platform was launched on 10th January 2019.
National Clean Air Programme (NCAP)
- A time bound national level strategy for pan India implementation to tackle the increasing air pollution problem across the country in a comprehensive manner in the form of National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) was launched by Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan in New Delhi.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
124th Constitution Amendment bill goes for Presidential Assent
- Rajya Sabha passed the Constitution 124th Amendment Bill 2019 providing 10 percent reservation in jobs and educational institutions to general category people with a thumping majority.
- 165 members voted in favor and only 7 voted against it. The bill now goes to the President for his assent to become a law.
MoU on promoting energy efficiency in buildings
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency and CPWD sign MoU on promoting energy efficiency in buildings.
- Focus on promoting energy efficient designs and construction of new buildings and star rating of CPWD managed buildings across the country.
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs
To Download 2018 Current Affairs Quiz PDF
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here
For Telegram Channel Click Here