Daily Current Affairs – February 12,2019
PM inaugurates National Cancer Institute in Haryana
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated and laid foundation stones for six projects in Haryana, including a National Cancer Institute (NIC) at Badhsa in Jhajjar district and Shri Krishna Ayush University at Kurukshetra, in Haryana.
Integrated water plan to make recycling
- Maharashtra became the first State to have an Integrated State Water Plan (ISWP), with an aim to ensure equitable distribution by diverting water from overfed areas to drought-prone regions. Maharashtra first State to draw up such a policy to ensure equitable distribution of water
US President signs executive order to prioritize research & development in Artificial Intelligence
- US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order directing federal agencies to prioritize research and development in Artificial Intelligence (AI). The plan, called the American AI Initiative, follows big investment pledges from China and other countries intended to advance and apply AI technology in fields ranging from warfighting to health care.
Use of Space Technology for Border Management
- Union Government has formed a Task Force for identifying areas for use of space technology in improving border management headed by Joint Secretary (Border Management) with members from Border Guarding Forces (BGFs) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- The Task Force consulted all stake holders including BGFs, ISRO, National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS) and Ministry of Defence (MoD) before finalising the report.
Publication on various initiatives taken towards combating and adapting to climate change
- Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change released a publication today in New Delhi on climate actions in India titled “India – Spearheading Climate Solutions”. This publication “India – Spearheading Climate Solutions” mentions the key actions India has taken under various sectors towards combating and adapting to climate change.
RANKINGS & INDEXES
ICC T20 rankings
- In Cricket, Indian batswomen Jemimah Rodrigues and Smriti Mandhana on Tuesday jumped four places to be second and sixth in the ICC T20 rankings despite their team’s 0-3 loss in New Zealand.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
First Annual Conference of Media Units
- Ministry of Information & Broadcasting is organizing the First Annual Conference of Media Units under the Ministry on 13th february, 2019 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The opening session of the Conference will be chaired by Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore, Union Minister of State (IC) for Information & Broadcasting and Youth Affairs & Sports.
National Conclave on Food Safety
- With the objective of promoting food safety and capacity building, Spices Board organized a National Conclave on Food Safety in New Delhi.
National Standards Conclave
- A Special National Standards Conclave was organized by the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India on February 8-9 in Mumbai.
Outreach Programme for Stakeholders
- Ministry of Textiles is organizing an outreach programme for Textiles Sector MSMEs on 13th February, 2019 in New Delhi to hold interactions with the stakeholders to help them avail the support and outreach for 100 days programme announced by the Prime Minister.
Workshop on National Intergrated Logistics Plan
- A workshop was organized by the Logistics Department of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry in New Delhi to discuss with logistics stakeholders the challenges and opportunities of this sector in India. Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation Minister, Suresh Prabhu, delivered the keynote address.
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has formulated a Scheme ‘Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (KUSUM)’. The Scheme is currently under the process of seeking approval.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
Cinematograph (Amendment) Bill, 2019 introduced in Rajya Sabha
- The Cinematograph (Amendment) Bill 2019 was introduced in Rajya Sabha. The Bill seeks to amend provisions of Cinematograph Act, 1952 in order to tackle film piracy by including penal provisions for unauthorized camcording and duplication of films.
- The 12th edition of the biennial Aero India is scheduled between February 20 and 24. The French defence industry is gearing up for a major presence at the premier air show Aero India 2019 to be held later this month in Bengaluru.
Senior National Badminton C’ships begin in Guwahati
- The Senior National Badminton Championship has begun in Guwahati. The event which is being held in Guwahati after 9 years will see the participation of some of the top players including Saina Nehwal, P V Sindhu, Sameer Verma and P Kashyap among others.
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here
For Telegram Channel Click Here