Daily Current Affairs – December 25,26 2018
December 25 – Good Governance Day
- In Uttar Pradesh, the 95th birth anniversary of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee is being observed as Good Governance Day.
Patna Zoo closed
- Patna Zoo has been closed for an indefinite period following the confirmation of H5NI virus killing six peacocks in the zoo.
Vajpayee International Schools launched
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis launched Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee International Schools in Mumbai on the occasion of 94th birth anniversary of the late Prime Minister.
Flight operations disrupted at Delhi airport
- Flight operations disrupted and departures were put on hold for two hours at Delhi airport due to low visibility conditions.
- The minimum visibility required for takeoff is 125 metres.
Tribal community Baduga celebrates annual Heddaiyamman festival
- The tribal Baduga community in the Nilgiris district of Tamil nadu is celebrating their annual Heddaiyamman festival. The Badagas are an indigenous tribal group in the Nilgiris.
Iraq declares Christmas Day a public holiday
- Iraq has declared Christmas an official holiday across the country.
Thailand approves medical use of marijuana
- Thailand approved the licensed use of marijuana for medical use and research.
- The changes will legalize the production, import, export, possession and use of marijuana products for medical purposes.
- Thailand has become the first country in Southeast Asia to take such action.
UK ministers warn drone users of severe punishment
- Britain’s security minister said that those who use drones either recklessly or for criminal purposes would face severe punishment.
North and South Korea to hold groundbreaking ceremony
- A South Korean delegation left for North Korea to attend a groundbreaking ceremony for reconnecting roads and railways across the divided peninsula despite stalled denuclearisation talks.
Russia expands economic sanctions on Ukraine
- Russia has expanded its economic sanctions on Ukraine, adding more than 250 people and businesses to a blacklist first announced at the start of November.
Japan decides to withdraw from IWC
- Japan has decided to withdraw from the International Whaling Commission (IWC) and will resume commercial whaling July next year.
- The IWC, established in 1946 to conserve and manage the world’s whale and cetacean population, introduced a moratorium on commercial whaling in 1986.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Investment through P-notes rises
- Investments in the Indian capital market through participatory notes climbed to Rs 79,247 crore in November after hitting a nine-and-a-half year low at the end of October.
- P-notes are issued by registered foreign portfolio investors to overseas investors who wish to be part of the Indian stock market without registering themselves directly.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
1st meeting of Follow-up Committee for implementation of Trilateral Chabahar Agreement
- The first meeting of the Follow-up Committee for implementation of the Trilateral Chabahar Agreement between India, Afghanistan and Iran was held in the port city of Chabahar in Iran.
Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojana
- ‘Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojana’ has been launched in the hill state. Under the scheme, each household in the state will be able to avail medical treatment of up to 5 lakh rupees annually.
16th Mumbai Marathon
- The 16th Mumbai Marathon will be held on January 20 next year and around 50,000 participants are expected to participate in the run.
Five weightlifters banned
- The International Weightlifting Federation announced in Paris that five weightlifters have been provisionally suspended after reanalysis of their urine samples provided during the 2012 London Olympics.
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs
To Download Pocket Current Affairs
To Download 2018 Current Affairs Quiz PDF
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here
All Latest Updates Telegram Channel Click Here