Daily Current Affairs – December 20 2018
December 20 – International Human Solidarity Day
- The United Nations’ (UN) International Human Solidarity Day is annually held on December 20 to celebrate unity in diversity. It also aims to remind people on the importance of solidarity in working towards eradicating poverty.
Gadkari lays foundation for several NH projects in Arunachal
- Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid the foundation stone for several national highway projects at Roing in Lower Dibang Valley District.
Assam approves release of Chah Bahgicha Dhan Puraskar Mela
- The Assam government has approved the release of second instalment of the Chah Bagicha (tea estate) Dhan Puraskar Mela. Assam Finance minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said that all the beneficiaries will get 2,500 rs in their bank accounts by 15th of the next month.
Rajasthan announces loan waiver for farmers
- In Rajasthan, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has announced that short term crop loans from cooperative banks and loans of up to two lakh rupees from nationalised and other banks will be waived.
France fines Uber 400000 euros
- France’s data protection agency had fined the US ride-hailing group Uber 400,000 euros over a 2016 data breach that exposed the personal data of some 57 million clients and drivers worldwide.
US Senate approves legislation to fund government
- The US Senate has approved a legislation to temporarily fund the government in an effort to avoid partial shutdown over President Donald Trump’s insistence on setting up border wall with Mexico.
UNGA adopts global framework on International migration
- The UN General Assembly has adopted the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration, the first-ever negotiated global framework on a common approach to international migration in all its dimensions.
- India voted in favour of the resolution while, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Israel, Poland, and US voted against it.
US starts withdrawing troops from Syria
- United States has started to withdraw its troops from Syria. United States has about 2,000 troops on the ground in Syria.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Govt to infuse Rs 83,000 crore in PSBs
- The government will infuse 83000 crore in Public Sector Banks in next few months in the current fiscal.
RANKINGS & INDEXES
Best performing state in start-up ranking 2018
- Gujarat has emerged as the best performing state in the Startup Ranking 2018. The National Report on States’ Startup Ranking was unveiled by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry in New Delhi.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
Annual conference of DGPs, IGs
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated All-India annual conference of the State Directors General and Inspectors General of Police near the Statue of Unity located in Narmada district of Gujarat.
- Harsh Vardhan Shringla – New Indian Ambassador to US
3 schemes for farmer’s welfare
- Assam government has announced three schemes for the welfare of farmers. The schemes are the Assam Farmers’ Credit Subsidy Scheme (AFCSS), Assam Farmers’ Interest Relief Scheme (AFIRS) and Assam Farmers’ Incentive Scheme (AFIS).
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
Lok Sabha passes Consumer Protection Bill
- Lok Sabha passed the Consumer Protection Bill, 2018 which seeks to replace the Consumer Protection Act, 1986. It seeks to establish Consumer Disputes Redressal Commissions at District, State and National levels.
Kabaddi Player announces his retirement
- Renowned Kabaddi Player, Anup Kumar announced his retirement from Kabaddi, ending a 15-year iconic career.
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here
All Latest Updates Telegram Channel Click Here