Tamilnadu government files contempt against Centre
- Tamil Nadu on march 31 moved the Supreme Court to initiate contempt proceedings against the Union government for not implementing the court’s February 16 judgment of setting up the Cauvery Management Board and the Cauvery Water Regulation Committee to monitor the allocation of the river water among Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Puducherry.In view of the Karnataka assembly elections, the Central Government has sought a three-month period from the Supreme Court.
Ultra-clean petrol, diesel in Delhi from April 1
- Ultra-clean Euro-VI petrol and diesel, at no additional price, will be supplied in Delhi from April 1 with a view to combat alarming levels of air pollution.Delhi will be the first city in the country to upgrade from Euro-IV to Euro-VI. cleaner Euro-VI grade fuel will be available to the cities in the national capital region like Noida, Ghaziabad, Gurugram and Faridabad as well as 13 major cities including Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Pune from January 2019. Rest of the country will follow suit from April 2020.
Rajasthan to get its first mega food park
- Union Minister for Food Processing Industries HarsimratKaurBadal inaugurated Greentech Mega Food Park Private Ltd- the first mega food park in Rajasthan at Roopangarh Village in Ajmer. The park would also have facilities for primary processing and storage near the farms and would not only benefit farmers of Ajmer but also those of nearby districts of Jaipur, Nagaur, Tonk and Churu as well.The Park will also provide direct and indirect employment to 5,000 persons and benefit about 25,000 farmers.
Kalamlari art museum at andhrapradesh
- Former Union Minister for Textiles inaugurated the ‘Kalamkari art museum’ here. The museum has three galleries — wooden blocks, natural colours and history.The art has been flourishing in Pedana since the 1970s.
Troops at India-China-Myanmar tri-junction near Tibet
- Indian troops deployed along the Sino-Indian border in the Himalayan range of the Arunachal Pradesh area have increased their patrolling at a tri-junction of India, China and Myanmar to prevent a repeat of a Doklam-like standoff issue.
Petroleum Minister Inaugurates World-Class Interpretation Centre and Tourist Amenities at KonarkSun Temple
- Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Skill Development & EntrepreneurshipShri Dharmendra Pradhan, inaugurated the world-class Interpretation Centre and tourist facilities at Konark Sun Temple at Konark. The Konark Sun Temple is Odisha’s pride and it is important that the world is made aware of this architectural marvel, for which the Interpretation Centre is a step in that direction. The modern amenities that have been developed at the temple complex would attract more tourists in future.
North Korea will take part in Tokyo Olympics
- The International Olympic Committee president said that North Korea will participate in the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics and the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics.
Malala reached Home after 5 years
- Nobel laureate MalalaYousufzai returned to Pakistan five-and-a-half years after she was critically injured in a Taliban attack in her hometown Swat.
Science and Technology:
GSAT-6A lost communication:ISRO
- India’s latest communication satellite with military applications GSAT-6A was launched by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on march 29. After 8 hours it had lost contact with ISRO and the organization was making efforts to establish link.
NHAI awarded projects worth Rs 1.22 lakh crorein 2018
- The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has awarded projects worth Rs 1,22,000crore for constructing about 7,400 km of highways in the fiscal 2017-18. In last 5 years, the average length of road projects awarded by NHAI was 2,860 Km with 4,335 Km awarded in the last financial year.In comparison, the length of projects awarded in 2017-18 is an all-time high and a record achievement by NHAI since its inception in 1995.
Tri nation T20 series:Australian women team champion
- Australian women team won t20 series championship after three years.Tri nation India,England and Australia t20 series final match was held in Mumbai,in that match Australia won by 57 runs.
Miami Open title:Sloane Stephens beats Ostapenko
- Sloane Stephens and won her hometown tournament Miami open title by beating JelenaOstapenko 7-6 (5), 6-1.