Sesharai waterfalls to be made a major tourist attraction in East Godavari
- Sesharai waterfalls in Y. Ramavaram mandal of East Godavari agency area is going to be made as major tourist attraction.The main connecting road between Y. Ramavaram and Gurthedu via Matam Bheemavaram would be developed with the funds allocated to tackle left wing extremism.
Kerala Film critics awards announced
- Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum directed by Dileesh Pothen has bagged all the top awards in the 41st Kerala Film Critics Association awards The awards were announced by Association president George Onakkur and general secretary Thekkinkad Joseph.
Mission to make tribes literate
- 5,283 neo-literates, including 3634 women, from select tribal hamlets in the district will appear for a preliminary literacy examination, organised by the Kerala State Literacy Mission Authority (KSLMA).The mission had conducted a survey prior to identifying the hamlets and preference was given to most backward hamlets of Paniya, Kattunayakka and Adiya sects of tribespersons in the first phase of the project.
Scientists supports neutrino project
- Scientists have appealed to the State government to support the India Neutrino Observatory. The motivation was purely academic and not commercial. It was part of the Indian scientific community’s ongoing attempt at a deeper understanding of nature. The INO proposal would not pose any danger to environment nor would it have any effect on the water table or dams, said by the scientists.
- Supported by Nobel laureates, the observatory is a mega science research project to be undertaken by scientists from more than 25 Central and State universities and research institutes. It is a telescope built under a hill to detect billions of neutrinos that are passing through us continuously without any effect.
Green day campaign Launched
- To save the saplings planted in the district from harsh sun in the season ‘Green Day’ campaign was launched` Haritha Haram, the flagship green mission of the State, saw nearly 1.78 crore saplings planted last year.
Central Project Monitoring Unit for e-Vidhan project launched
- Union Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, Statistics and Programme Implementation, Shri Vijay Goel inaugurated the new office of Central Project Monitoring Unit for the e-Vidhan project. e-Vidhan is a mission mode project to digitize and make the functioning of State Legislatures in India paperless. It is a part of the broader Digital India Programme of the Government and is likely to contribute to the cleanliness & environment by reducing the use of papers to a great extent.The Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs is the Nodal Ministry for the project.
process to amend POCSO Act to ensure death penalty for child rapists
- The Centre has submitted a letter to the Supreme Court stating that they have initiated a process to amend the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act to ensure the maximum punishment of death penalty for rapists of children below the age of 12.
Swaziland changes its name to Kingdom of eSwatini
- Swaziland’s King Mswati III, Africa’s last absolute monarch, said about the renaming the country as the Kingdom of eSwatini.He announced the change to eSwatini, meaning “land of the Swazis”, in the local Swati language at Golden Jubilee celebrations of the 50th anniversary of Swazi independence and of his 50th birthday.
Prince Charles to succeed Queen Elizabeth as Commonwealth Head
- Prince Charles will succeed his mother Queen Elizabeth II as the Head of the Commonwealth after the heads of government.
Sebi strengthens procedures for transfer of securities, dividend payment
- Markets regulator Sebi placed detailed guidelines to streamline and strengthen procedures with regard to handling and maintenance of records, transfer of securities, and payment of dividend by registrar and share transfer agents.
- The guidelines will broadly deal with areas like payment of dividend, interest and redemption; correction of errors; and compulsory internal audit of RTAs (registrar and share transfer agents).
AIFF Super Cup final:Bengaluru won the Title
- Bengaluru FC win the first ever Hero Super Cup title in style defeating East Bengal.
Commonwealth Games star Manika Batra recommended for Arjuna
- The Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) recommended Manika Batra, the country’s only quadruple medallist at the Commonwealth Games, for the prestigious Arjuna Award.