Cripps Mission in India Study Materials
CRIPPS MISSION (MARCH 1942)
The important points made by the Cripps Mission were as follows:
- General elections in the provinces would be arranged as soon as the war ended.
- A new Indian dominion, associated with the United Kingdom, would be created.
- Those provinces not joining the dominion could form their own separate union.
- Minorities were to he protected.
- Provision for forming the Constitution making body.
However, both the Congress and the Muslim League rejected these proposals. Jinnah opposed the plan, as it did not concede Pakistan.
Whatsapp Group – Click Here
Telegram Channel – Click Here