“Crimes in India” Report, Released by NCRB – Crimes against women increased by 7.3%. National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) which is an Indian government agency responsible for collecting and analyzing crime data released the Crimes in India Report for the year of 2019. As per the Report, crimes against women increased by 7.3% between 2018 and 2019.
|Crimes against women||
Crimes against scheduled castes
|Crimes against girl children||
Highest number of dowry cases
|Highest number of acid attack||
Rapes against Dalit women
- Uttar Pradesh has reported highest number of crime cases against women, around 14.7% as well as SCs.
- 9% of the cases were registered under “Cruelty by husband or his relatives”.
- 8% were registered by “assault on women with intent to outrage her modesty”
- 9% were kidnapping and abduction cases
- 9% were rape crimes.
- Founded: 11 March 1986
- Agency executive: Ramphal Pawar, IPS, Director;
- Parent department: Ministry of Home Affairs
1) Which year National Crime Records Bureau was established as a repository of Information in Crimes? – 1986
2) What is the motto of NCRB? – Empowering Indian Police with Information Technology
3) As per NCRB Report Crime against women is increased by how much per cent between 2018 and 2019? – 7.3%
4) NCRB comes under which ministry? – Ministry of Home Affairs
5) Who is the Union Minister of Home Affairs? – Amit Shah
6) Which state topped in crimes against women as per latest report released by NCRB? – Assam
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|