Central Government declares Director-General Shipping as the National Authority for Ships Recycling. The Union Minister of State for Shipping, Mansukh L Mandaviya has declared that Director-General Shipping will be the final authority for various approvals that are required by the state governments and ship-recycling yard-owners. The DG Shipping has been designated as the apex authority for the ship recycling industry of India under Section 3 of the Recycling of Ships Act, 2019.
About Director General Shipping:
- DG Shipping is authorized to administer, supervise and monitor all activities relating to Ship Recycling.
- DG Shipping will look after the sustainable development of the Ship Recycling industry, monitoring the compliance to environment-friendly norms and safety and health measures for the stakeholders working in the ship recycling industry.
- DG Shipping will be the final authority for the various approvals required by the Ship-Recycling yard owners and State Governments.
About Ministry of Shipping:
- Union Minister: Mansukh L. Mandaviya
- Who launched SAROD Ports which is a Dispute Resolution Mechanism? – Union Minister Mansukh L.Mandaviya
- Which State received First Inland Shipping Cargo from Bangladesh under PIWTT? – Tripura
- Which Ministry signed MoU with MSDE for Skill Development in Port and Maritime Sector? – Ministry of Shipping
- Mansukh Mandaviya flagged off first container ship, MV Shejyoti from Kolkata Port to – Agartala
- Who appointed as Additional & Independent Director of Great Eastern Shipping Company Lt? – Urjit Patel
- What is the constituency of Mansukh L. Mandaviya? – Rajya Sabha, Gujarat
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|