When CBSE cancelled 12th Board exams after Supreme Court’s intervention – Supreme Court Order to take decision about Class 12 Examination on June 03. With the Covid situation still not under control, CBSE is yet to decide to conduct class 12 board examinations. However, the center is expected to decide on the conduct of the CBSE 12th exam by June 1, which will be important not only for the forthcoming entrance tests but also for states in conducting their own board exams. Meanwhile, SC will hear a plea seeking the cancellation of the class 12 examination on Monday.
Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE is likely to announce its final decision on pending Class 12 Board Exams 2021 soon. The case is also listed for hearing in the Supreme Court. While the Government or the board have not shared any news, reports of possible cancellation on the cars have raised the hopes of students. Meanwhile, various boards like Maharashtra SSC, CGBSE, CBSE for Class 10, etc., have shared alternative methods of assessment.
CBSE, ICSE Think About Evaluation Process:
- The CBSE had proposed two options — conducting regular exams for only major subjects at notified centers or holding shorter-duration exams at the school where a student is enrolled.
- The proposed timeline for conducting the exams was between July 15 to August 26 and declaring the results in September. States were asked to submit detailed suggestions by May 25.
- The majority of states opted for the second option which included conducting 90 minutes exams for major subjects at student’s home schools. Few states also insisted on vaccinating students before going ahead with the exams.
- The CICSE which has been completely silent so far about its plan for the class 12 exams, sent out a letter to its affiliated schools on May 27 to submit the average of marks obtained by class 12 students in class 11 and during this session.
- There was no response from Arathoon about whether the exercise hits at alternative assessment instead of offline exams, affiliated schools, however, confirmed that they have received the letter.
- Both the boards had postponed the class 12 exams scheduled in May-June in view of the aggressive second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic. Both CBSE and ICSE had also canceled class 10 exams.