Bongosagar Military Exercise –India & Bangladesh’s Mega Navy Exercise on Bay of Bengal. The India and Bangladesh navies will conduct the Mega Navy Exercise Bongosagar annually. Both Nations will conduct this exercise with an objective to further expand operational coordination between the two forces.
- “Bongosagar” is an annual maritime exercise which is to be held in Bay of Bengal was begun in 2019.
- The Indian Navy is to be represented by guided missile corvette Khukri and anti-submarine warfare corvette Kiltan.
- The Bangladeshi Navy is to be represented by guided missile corvette Prottoy and guided missile frigate Abu Bakr.
- Prior to this exercise, In July, 2020, India conducted military exercise with the world’s largest warship, USS Nimitz off coast of Andaman.
- The exercise is to be followed by a two-day patrolling called CORPAT.
The first edition of CORPAT started in 2018. This exercise helps to develop mutual sharing practices and also develop mutual communication between the two navies.
Other Military Exercises:
Other than Bongosagar Military Exercise, Sampriti is an annual military exercise which is held between India and Bangladesh. The exercise was started in 2010. It has been conducted annually.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
About Defence Ministry:
- Union Minister: Raj Nath Singh
- Minister of State: Shripad Yesso Naik
1) Name the Joint Military Exercise performed by India & UK? – Ajeya Warrior
2) Dharma Guardian the Joint Military Exercise between India and which country? – Japan
3) Recently, India has signed landmark Defence Agreements with which country? – Australia
4) Recently, Pitch Black Exercise cancelled, the biennial warfare exercise hosted by which Air Force? – Royal Australian Air Force
5) Where did India & Australia hold third 2+2 dialogue? – New Delhi
6) Name the two day exercise conducted between Indian Navy and Royal Australian Navy recently – PASSEX
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|