Atal Tunnel, World’s longest highway tunnel above 10,000 feet, connecting Manali to Leh ready after 10 years. World’s longest highway tunnel connecting Manali to Leh under the Rohtang Pass in the eastern Pir Panjal range of Himalayas on the Leh-Manali highway is now completed after 10 years. The Tunnel is named after late and former Prime Minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
The tunnel is at a height of over 10,000 feet. The Atal tunnel has been constructed in a span of 10 years while the original estimated time to complete it was less than 6 years.
- It’s the world’s highest tunnel situated at an altitude above 10,000 metres.
- The Tunnel is 9 km long
- The tunnel will reduce the distance between Manali and Leh by up to 46 kms.
- It will also reduce the travel time by upto 4 hours
- Fire hydrants have also been installed inside the tunnel in case of any fire incident.
1) Which Station became 1st station to get sanitizing tunnel? – Ahmedabad
2) The Jawahar Tunnel was constructed under which of the following pass? – Banihal Pass
3) Which of the following Himalayan pass is situated between India and China? – Shipki La
4) How many times Atal Bihari Vajpayee has been elected Prime Minister of the country? – 3
5) Which is the Longest River Bride in India? – Mahatma Gandhi Setu, Patna
6) Which is the Longest Railway Bridge in the World- Huey P. Long Bridge, Louisiana (U.S.A.)
7) Which is the Longest Railway Tunnel in World? – Tanna (Japan)
8) In which year Atal Bihari Vajpayee was awarded Padma Vibhushan? – 1992
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|