Atal Tunnel inagurated in Himachal Pradesh by Prime Minister – World’s longest High-Altitude Tunnel. PM of India, Narendra Modi inaugurated the Atal Tunnel which is the World’s longest High-Altitude Tunnel at Rohtang in Himachal Pradesh. The Tunnel was constructed by Border Roads Organisation.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Jai Ram Thakur, Minister of State for Finance Anurag Singh Thakur, Chief of Defence Staff, CDS Gen Bipin Rawat and Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane are participated in the event.
Salient features of the tunnel:
- The tunnel reduces the distance between Manali and Leh by 46 km and the travel time by four to five hours.
- The 9.02-km tunnel connects Manali to Lahaul-Spiti valley throughout the year, the valley was earlier cut off for about six months every year due to heavy snowfall.
- The tunnel can carry 1500 trucks and 3000 cars per day with a maximum speed of 80 km/hr.
- It has an Auto-incident Detection system with CCTV cameras installed at every 250 metres
About Atal Tunnel:
- The decision to build the tunnel was taken by The Atal Bihari Vajpayee government on June 3, 2000.
- GoI decided to name the Rohtang Tunnel as Atal Tunnel in honour of the former Prime Minister and scholar Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
About Himachal Pradesh:
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
- Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur
Capitals: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
1) Which Police station declared as one of the best in India as per the Annual Ranking of Police Stations for 2019 Report? – Nadaun Police Station, HP
2) Which panchayati raj department won first prize under e-Panchayat Puraskars 2020 for effective use of e-applications? – Himachal Pradesh
3) Which of the following is the longest Railway tunnel in the world? – Gotthard Base Tunnel
4) Who inaugurated the Chamba tunnel in Uttarakhand under Chardham Pariyojana through video conference mode on 26 May 2020? – Nitin Gadkari
5) Which of the following is the highest railway system in the world? – Qingzang Railway, China
6) Which of the following railway station has the world’s longest railway platform in India? – Gorakhpur Railway Station
|Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|